Legends Bank – Job Description
Job Title: Part-time Personal Banker
Reports To: Direct Supervisor at Branch location
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Prepared By: Jeanette Kramer
Receives and pays out money, and keeps records of money and negotiable instruments involved in financial transactions by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Represents Legends Bank personably, efficiently, and tactfully while in contact with the public either face-to-face or by telephone. Smiles and greets customers and thanks customers as they leave the bank.
- Provides excellent customer service by being alert to customers needs and suggesting appropriate services. Introduce customers to appropriate persons who open new accounts or loans. Provide brochures for banking services.
- Operates and balances a teller window daily.
- Continually safeguards cash by maintaining the established cash drawer limits, securing cash drawers, keys and combinations and the security of the working environment while processing deposits and withdrawals for checking and savings accounts, certificate of deposits, loan payments and other transactions (i.e. travelers checks, official checks, money orders, and issuance for savings bonds) in accordance with bank policy.
- Properly completes bank documents in accordance to bank policy (i.e. non-negotiable item logs, general ledger tickets, forms, etc.)
- Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements.
- Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
- Enters customers' transactions into computer to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Places holds on accounts for uncollected funds.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer at end of work day and compares totaled amounts with data displayed on computer screen.
- Explains, promotes, or sells products or services such as travelers checks, savings bonds, money orders, and cashier's checks.
- Maintains security procedures to protect the bank against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure by securing cash, non-negotiable items, placing necessary holds, examining account titles and balances, verifying signatures of signers on accounts, performing dual control where assigned.
- May be responsible for handling the branch ATM operations, such as recording and processing deposits, loading cash dispensers and balancing the ATM machine.
- Removes, records and processes deposits from night depository using dual control daily (except Saturday).
- Assists safe deposit box attendant with customer assistance and verification.
- Accepts loan payments.
- Provides ongoing relationship servicing with current customers to maintain goodwill and gain additional business.
- Informs and advises customers of status or enhancements to current account productivity, and suggests resolution on account disputes and other account activity.
- Promotes and cross-sells other bank products and services as appropriate to customer requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily to include great attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and highly customer service oriented. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent; six months of previous banking experience or cash handling in a customer service/retail environment preferred.
Basic math, ten key and computer skills.
Problem solving skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires bending, lifting and may need to lift money bags weighing up to 20 lbs each from time to time. Must be able to view computer screen and have use of your hands and fingers in order to process customer transactions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates may send their resumes to email@example.com.