Legends Bank – Job Description
Job Title: Personal Banker I, II, III
Department: Retail Banking
Reports To: Branch Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Prepared By: Jeanette Kramer
Responsible for efficiently processing a variety of customer transactions while providing the highest level of customer service. Helps build solid customer relationships by identifying bank products and services beneficial to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greets customers instantly upon entering the branch and facilitates a welcoming and customer focused environment.
- Alert to customers’ needs and ability to suggest appropriate products/services. Provides brochures as needed for banking services with sufficient knowledge to discuss each product we offer.
- Processes customer transaction efficiently and accurately in a slower or fast-paced environment while maintaining a balanced cash drawer and adhering to internal controls and procedures.
- Properly completes bank documents in accordance to bank policy and procedure (i.e. non-negotiable item logs, Currency Transaction Reports, general ledger tickets, forms, etc.)
- Receives checks and cash for deposit/payout after verifying signatures, customer account balances, and examining checks for endorsements, legitimacy, etc.
- Processes customers' transactions into bank teller system to record transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Balances currency, coin, and checks in cash drawer throughout the day ensuring totals match with data displayed on teller system.
- Explains, promotes, or sells other products or services as needed for branch.
- Follows branch security in accordance with bank policy to protect the bank against criminal and fraudulent operations and unnecessary risk or exposure by securing cash drawer, keys, combinations and non-negotiable items, maintaining the established cash drawer limits, placing necessary holds, examining account titles and balances, verifying signatures of signers on accounts, performing dual control where assigned, etc.
- Daily removes, records and processes deposits from night depository adhering to bank policy and procedure.
- Assists customers with safe deposit box assistance and verification.
- Accepts/processes loan and utility payments.
- Builds customer loyalty by developing relationships and offering exceptional customer service.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Personal Banker II:
- Increased check cashing limit from $500 to $1,000.
- Responsible for handling the branch ATM operations, such as opening/closing, recording and processing deposits, loading cash dispensers, balancing the ATM and ensuring its security.
- Evaluates customer needs to obtain information and explain available financial services such as savings, business/personal checking accounts, Individual Retirement Account, Certificates of Deposit, savings bonds, and securities.
- Obtains credit records from credit reporting agency for account opening.
- Prepares, compiles and inputs into computer new customer information on each account opened ensuring completeness/accuracy of documentation and forwarding to appropriate personnel within time limits as according to bank policy and procedure.
- Executes wire transfer of funds following appropriate bank policy and procedure.
- Responds to customer inquiries and requests. Informs and advises customers of status or enhancements to current account productivity, and suggests resolution on account disputes and other account activity.
- Provides appropriate online and account/debit card maintenance.
- Orders customer checks as necessary.
- Assists other bank personnel in resolving any customer issues.
- Ability to operate and balance vault following appropriate controls as according to bank policy and procedure.
- Ability to operate a Cash Dispenser, Integrated Teller Machine (ITM) or other bank technology as appropriate for position.
- Attends and participates in training courses/certifications to advance job/customer service and products knowledge.
- Help achieve branch referral/deposit/loan goals by promoting/cross-selling other bank products and services as appropriate to customer needs.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities for Personal Bank III:
- Increased check cashing limit to $2,500. Ability to sign cashier’s check to $25,000.
- Mentors Personal Banker I&II’s.
- Backup to Branch Manager for account opening and signing authority.
- Ability to initiate wire transfers for customers following policy and procedure.
- Advanced product knowledge.
- Advanced Business/Consumer Account Opening skills; proficient in IRAs, HSAs, etc.
- History of achieving branch referral/deposit/loan goals by qualified referrals and cross-selling bank products.
- Completion of Business Calculator training.
- Personal Banker Certification.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and great attention to detail.
- Basic math, problem solving, ten key and computer skills.
- Security conscious with excellent organizational skills.
- Enthusiastic personality. Communicates effectively with customers and inspires confidence – skilled enough to take care of customer assets and needs.
- Must enjoy working with the public and be able to handle large sums of money comfortably.
- Proficient computer skills.
- A team player working well with others and flexible in working hours; must have the ability to work a Saturday rotating schedule as assigned and extended hours from time to time.
- Proactive and self-directed with the ability to prioritize.
- Must be report to work promptly and regularly as according to work schedule.
- Must be professional and calm under pressure.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Personal Banker I – High school diploma or equivalent required; one to six months related experience and customer service training. One year banking/customer service experience preferred. Excellent customer service following Personal Banker procedures. Minimal transaction errors.
- Personal Banker II – High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of one year Teller/Personal Banker experience required; demonstrate proficiency of Personal Banker I skills; ability to balance Vault and ATM, order customer checks and perform wire transfers and account/debit card maintenance; sufficient account opening, product knowledge and referral history. Ability to operate a cash dispenser and/or Integrated Teller Machine (ITM).
- Personal Banker III – High school diploma or equivalent with minimum of three years Teller/Personal Banker experience required; demonstrate proficiency of Personal Banker I&II skills; advanced product knowledge and Account Opening skills, cross-selling bank products and consistent referral history. Mentors Personal Banker I’s & II’s. Completion of Business Calculator training. Personal Banker Certification course.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job to include standing for long periods of time, close/far vision, use of arms, hands and fingers, some bending, stretching, reaching and lifting up to 30 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- PB I – $11 – $12/Hour
- PB II – $12 – $14/Hour
- PB III – $13 – $17.00/Hour
Interested parties may send their resumes to email@example.com.