Position Title: Lending Assistant II
Physical Location: Franklin, TN Branch
Reports To: Loan Officer(s)/President/Market Loan Coordinator
Working Conditions: Normal, no adverse or hazardous conditions
Job Group Category: Non-Exempt
Work Hours: May vary by location
Assist loan officers within retail bank locations in the preparation, set up and processing of consumer and commercial loans, and other various duties as assigned. Generally responsible for loan portfolios of more than 20 million and a majority of loans processed are real estate and/or complex commercial loans.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take loan applications from customers.
- Input loan information for new loans or renewals into the Platform System. (Majority of loans are input to Platform by the Senior Loan Administrative Assistant).
- Assist in the preparation of loan documents.
- Review loan documents for errors and compliance issues.
- Assemble loan packages to be sent to Central Loan Operations.
- Perform loan closing on occasion when loan officer is not available.
- Remit Deeds, UCC’s, and titles for recording.
- Request preliminary and final title opinions on real estate loans when necessary.
- Review and work loan exception reports weekly.
- Review and work applicable XNet generated loan reports.
- Prepare and submit weekly loan committee applications.
- Prepare and submit monthly origination fee reports.
- Prepare and process line of credit draws.
- Prepare and submit loan payments not processed through teller operations.
- Process payments for loan closing fees to third parties (appraisers, attorneys, filing fees, etc).
- Verify insurance policies on collateral.
- Assist customers by answering questions, researching transactions, etc.
- Perform additional duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of loan policies and procedures (2 to 4 years of loan preparation and processing experience).
- Ability to pay close attention to detail when multi-tasking.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel).
- Good communication skills (written and oral).
- Ability to get along with coworkers.
- Ability to resolve problems with clients.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
BancorpSouth is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected under applicable local, state or federal nondiscrimination laws.
Please apply at this link: