JOB TITLE: Social Impact Analyst
DEPARTMENT: Communications & Policy
REPORTS TO: SVP Communications & Policy
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 03/09/2021
This position will assist the SVP Communications & Policy with Pathway Lending’s reporting and analytics infrastructure to create solutions that deliver internal and external stakeholders information needed to advance economic development activities in underbanked communities.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Defines Pathway’s data and impact collection strategy by developing, documenting, and implementing an Impact Measurement and Management System.
- Works with Executive, Compliance & Reporting, and Marketing team members to highlight and communicate Pathway’s value in terms of impact to current and potential investors, community partners and target market entrepreneurs.
- Works to consistently measure impact data across Pathway’s various business lines and program years including Social impact Accounting through the lens of an Impact Strategy, align activities with industry best practices, and listen to stakeholders to develop a forward-looking impact strategy.
- Manages Pathway’s impact and client data to ensure the efficient and accurate reporting of the organization’s programs.
- Develops and manages data collection strategies involving platforms like Salesforce, Pardot, Tableau and FormAssembly.
- Assists in defining, scoping, and implementing data models.
- Collaborates with the SVP Communication & Policy to assist stakeholders on ad hoc requests and granular quantitative analyses to provide strategic insights and recommendations.
- Assists the SVP Communications & Policy Identify and mitigate existing gaps in current database and help develop a long-term strategy for tracking Key Performance Indicators across the organization.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Ability to provide excellent customer service with clients, partners, stakeholders and team members. Strong Microsoft Office skills and ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools. Strong analytical skills with attention to detail and accuracy, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Two plus years of experience in Analytics, Business Intelligence or Data role. Exposure to data modeling and ability to break down complex data concepts into meaningful insights for targeted groups. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Ability to communicate in English, remain in a stationary position 75% of workday, move, ability to travel if required, and ability to adapt to a changing work environment. Aligns with Pathway Lending’s mission of providing clients and stakeholders with the highest level of service to facilitate their success and the economic growth of our CDFI market.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions.
Remote work options.
Qualified candidates may email resumes to Ashley Verbert @ email@example.com.