Job Title: Secondary Market Mortgage Loan Processor / Underwriter
Reports To: Chief Lending Officer
This key position is responsible for processing and underwriting mortgage applications intended to be sold to third party investors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive mortgage loan applications
- Obtain credit bureau(s) reports
- Input loan data for loan compliance and/or underwriting
- Correspond with lenders or customers with any questions or clarifications
- Prepare compliance disclosures
- Accumulate verifications and supporting documentation
- Complete general underwriting for approvals and to ensure conformance with investor guidelines
- Coordinate closings
- Assemble files for transmission
- Order flood certificates, title work and appraisals. Upon receipt of appraisal, conduct preliminary review and submit for FNMA and FHLMC conformance review.
- Order verifications of employment, verification of mortgages, and payoffs
- Perform general administrative duties
- Comply with all banking regulations, Investor guidelines, bank policies and procedures
- Maintain all files in support of each new extension of credit or renewal and ensures accuracy and completeness
- Assures that all necessary documentation has been received and conditions for closings have been met prior to closing of loan
- Make sure collateral is filed correctly and then received from filing agent and property identified and placed in the proper file
- Maintain tickler list to ensure documents have been received for loan and forwarded to mortgage investor
- Assist customer and answer inquiries
- Assist Secondary Market Coordinator in timely sell and transfer of loans to mortgage investors.
- Confidentiality is required in all phases of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned to assist loan production and/or administration of HBT credit facilities.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Possess a high school diploma or GED certification. Additional education and/or training within real estate lending arena preferred. Possess a minimum of at least two years of banking, legal or real estate experience. Experience in mortgage processing and secondary lending is strongly preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Operate standard office equipment (e.g., personal computer/printer, telephone, fax machine, copier, folding machine, calculator, etc.). Basic PC knowledge.
KEY CONTACTS–Internal and External
Has frequent contact with loan officers and customers.
Qualified candidates may email their resumes to HR@heritagebankandtrust.com.