Bank Consumer Compliance Specialist
Location: Knoxville, TN
The Compliance Specialist will work directly with the Compliance Officer to ensure compliance with Federal and State regulations and requirements. The Compliance Specialist will assist in implementing and maintaining the Bank’s compliance program to ensure conformity and adherence with any applicable federal and state banking laws and rules. The ideal candidate will have a current working knowledge of banking regulations, including but not limited to ECOA, HMDA, FCRA, RESPA, TILA, TISA, EFTA, BSA, UDAP, and CRA. The Compliance Specialist must also be familiar with standard transaction processes and procedures in order to ensure compliance, and must remain current on regulatory changes in the financial service industry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains a current comprehensive working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations and company processes and procedures, including any changes and updates. Attends seminars, workshops, and various trainings as necessary to maintain and further expand compliance expertise.
- Participates in the development and timely review of organizational policies, procedures, and programs for the general operation of the compliance program company-wide, and its related activities. Ensures systems are in place to meet compliance requirements of any federal, state, and local laws.
- Collaborate with team members in the annual risk assessments. Assist in examinations or audits, as needed.
- Interprets and applies consumer compliance regulations and provides continuing guidance to employees on compliance matters that have implications for all departments company-wide.
- Assists Management to ensure that new programs, products, and services meet with applicable regulations. Participates in the development or revision of any required documents and forms.
- Develop and maintain compliance monitoring and audit programs
- Conducts periodic monitoring for compliance with various lending and deposit laws and regulations. Recommend corrective actions to strengthen compliance management system, when necessary. Prepares periodic reporting of compliance monitoring results and follows up to ensure issues are resolved.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, assists the Compliance Officer and Management to develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Conducts fair lending and HMDA data analysis.
- Ensures that all HMDA reportable loans are extracted from the Loan Operating System and contain required fields to be reported on an annual basis.
- Maintains information on all loans, projects, and activities that qualify for CRA credit.
- Ensures the CRA public file is up-to-date for the main office and all branches.
- Provides reports on a regular basis and as directed; keeps Management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Coordinates with Management to implement training for team members on applicable regulations.
- Participates in department special projects.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in bank consumer compliance role.
- CRCM or similar professional certification preferred.
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the financial services industry and consumer compliance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and Community Reinvestment Act is desirable.
- Familiar with required loan documentation, included but not limited to consumer, installment, commercial, and real estate loans.
- Strong and effective verbal and written communication skills
- A high level of interpersonal skills to work one-on-one with team members and management.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, perform duties under time pressures, prioritize workflow and follow up, meet deadlines.
- Experience in developing and implementing compliance polices, programs, and procedures, including regulatory risk assessments.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions.
- Must be detail-oriented, alert to potential problems, and able to determine repetitive problems, patterns of errors, and trends.
- Ability to write management reports of compliance activities.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Ability to use specialized software.
- Ability to travel 5 -10%
- Must maintain confidentiality of customer and company information.
- Work independently with limited supervision.
- Exhibit a professional, business-like appearance and demeanor.
Salary – Negotiable; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Interested candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.