Coffee County Bank is seeking a dynamic individual to join their team as the Chief Financial Officer. This position will be located in Manchester. The CFO will be responsible for the following:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as Chief Financial Officer and strategic business partner to executive leadership team.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of organization with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term and long-term growth plan of organization.
- Identify, acquire, and implement systems and software to provide critical financial and operational information. Evaluate departments and make suggestions for automating processes and increasing working efficiency.
- Communicate, engage, and interact with CEO and Executive Leadership Team.
- Create and establish yearly financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Select and engage consultants, auditors, and investors.
- Recruit, interview and hire finance, accounting and payroll staff as required.
- Serve as a key member of executive leadership team and round table discussion panel.
- Participate in pivotal decisions as they relate to strategic initiatives and operational models.
- Implement policies, procedures and processes as deemed appropriate by executive leadership team.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss by division, forecast vs. budget by division and weekly cash flow by division.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Identify, develop and execute analysis of business initiatives, product launches and/or new service offerings.
- Develop and maintain monthly operating budget and annual company operating budget.
- Manage financial planning and analysis department. Supervise creation of reports, software implementation and tools for budgeting and forecasting.
- Participate in weekly conference calls with Lenders, Vendors and Executive Leadership Team.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Supervise the accounting department to ensure the proper functioning of all systems, databases, and financial software. Provide regular maintenance and backup of all accounting systems and supervise company financial staff.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting data.
- Oversee the preparation and communication of weekly, monthly, and annual financial statements.
- Oversee the preparation and timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax returns.
- Work with Human Resources to ensure appropriate legal compliance.
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements including, but not limit to quarterly Call Reporting.
- Review all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts and overhead cost allocation.
- Enhance and implement financial and accounting systems, processes, tools and control systems
- Hire, develop and lead accounting staff
- Coordinate and strategize methods used to attain team goals with leadership team
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure funds availability.
- Oversee cash, investments, and asset management area.
- Maintain outstanding relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Serve as a key point of contact along with the executive team for Federal and State Exams
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity-based analyses to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Financial Relations and Policies
- Engage finance committee and executive leadership team to develop short term and long-term plans, projections and budgets.
- Represent company to financial partners, institutions, investors, public auditors, and officials.
- Remain current on audit best practices as well as state, federal and local laws regarding company operations.
- Oversee weekly cash management and AP Department, sign checks, authorize large wires, and ACHs
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) – Position Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3+ years minimum experience as a CFO is preferred
- Accounting or finance experience required
- Background coordinating with I.T. staff to manage and/or upgrade accounting system. Systems implementation experience strongly preferred.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, confidence, and executive presence – ability to motivate staff.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Significant experience working with external auditors, internal controls, and regulatory compliance-related issues.
*Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.