Energy Efficient Loan Coordinator
Pathway Lending is a CDFI whose mission is to provide lending solutions and educational services that support the development, growth, and preservation of underserved small businesses, affordable housing, and sustainable communities. We finance businesses and strengthen communities. PL is looking for another motivated person to join this team to help small business owners turn their passion into a successful enterprise that creates jobs and generates economic development throughout the state.
The Energy Efficient Loan Coordinator supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of the Director Sustainability Programs this position provides support in administrative areas. The Coordinator assists with the energy loan program including the EE Loan Fund, C-PACE and other loans covered by TVA and the state of Tennessee.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works on the business development of Pathway Lending’s Energy Efficiency Loan Program through establishing and building relationships with appropriate vendors, financial institutions and state and federal partners.
- Assists in the development and implementation of Pathway Lending products and services which will increase the sustainability of the built environment and operations of its clients.
- Assessing, documenting, and presenting the creditworthiness of energy loan applicants.
- Provides regulatory and client support, in the form of advisory, planning, and/or efficiency services, to clients. Interfaces regularly with loan clients, third-party contractors, program contacts at the Energy Office of TDEC and Tennessee Valley Authority. Ensures adherence to applicable partner reporting requirements.
- Manages a multi-functional project team comprised of internal staff, program partners, and third-party consultants to develop and implement long-term business plans for growing energy efficiency and sustainability work in the commercial and industrial sector in Tennessee. Provides advisory, planning, and sustainability knowledge for energy program development
- Collects financial information from prospective clients, evaluates the client’s credit worthiness, and evaluates the proposed project to determine whether it will qualify for a Pathway Lending product.
Collects and organizes technical energy efficiency data from Pathway Lending energy efficiency projects to measure performance against program goals. Performs data analysis to meet compliance requirements, respond to Pathway Lending management, clients, stakeholders, and the public.
- Prepares briefs and written papers/reports to report findings and provide information or recommendations relating to compliance issues and capabilities.
- Attends and participates in energy conferences, presentations, and community outreach programs throughout Tennessee.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in finance is required. Familiarity with the commercial, industrial, and institutional market and with related energy efficient and renewable technologies is preferred. Experience in managing energy related projects with clients, including providing quality control and budget accountability is a plus. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
To be successful in this role…
- Your passion about energy efficiency initiatives will encourage property owners to invest in improvements of their facilities which will lower utility costs.
- You understand financial statements and can learn to assess loan applications to determine whether or not the applicant can repay to loan.
- You know the difference between a kW and kWh.
- Have a thirst for knowledge for business and sustainability. You may discuss cost segregation with an accountant, reclassification of equity with a CFO, extensive green roofs with an architect, and VFD effectiveness with an engineer all in the same week.
- You can work behind a desk most of the time, but you also enjoy meeting clients and stakeholders of Tennessee’s Energy Efficiency Loan Program.
- You can communicate well through written reports and an occasional brief presentation.
- You have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications to prepare reports and presentations for co-workers and other stakeholders of the energy efficiency loan program.
Pathway Lending Advantages:
- A flexible work environment with a /hybrid model (Home and Office Flexible work schedule)
- Professional development and opportunities for growth encouraged by leadership
- Acknowledgment/recognition of individual and team contribution
- Sincere care/regard for each Team member
- Extensive health insurance and benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- An organization built and aligned for success
- Integrity: we endeavor to be who we say we are, and to do what we say we will do
Starting Salary: $61,800
Qualified candidates may send resumes to: Rita.Johnson@pathwaylending.org.