One Bank of Tennessee
Internal Audit Specialist
This position assists with the bank’s internal audit program. Internal audit programs are a bank’s primary mechanism for assessing controls and operations of the bank and performing necessary work to allow the board of directors and senior management to accurately attest to the adequacy of the bank’s internal control system. This position would be responsible for performing individual audits and provide various types of information to the Director of Internal Audit/Board of Directors, including procedures to test the integrity of accounts, regulatory reports, management information systems and other aspects of operations as part of the review of a specific department, division, or area of the bank.
- Provide various types of information to the board of directors including procedures to test the bank’s compliance with laws, regulations, and related, established bank policies and practices.
- Help implement board-approved audit directives for required audit processes, covering specific, untraditional audits, enabling the bank to achieve overall bank audit objectives.
- Provide reasonable assurance about the accuracy and timeliness with which transactions are recorded and the accuracy and completeness of financial and regulatory reports.
- Assist with quarterly audit meetings with all outside directors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field of study; Master’s degree in Accounting is preferred.
- Ability to plan and implement audit programs in auditable areas, including operational, financial, compliance, information technology, and fiduciary areas.
- Ability to provide objective reviews and evaluation of bank activities, internal controls, and management information systems.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail; time management and organizational skills are a top priority.
- Ability to provide feedback on and monitor audit policies, practices, programs, processes, and audit findings.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills and appearance.
- Must be able to attend schools and seminars as needed, to meet requirements of the job.
Our bank offers a friendly work environment with a competitive compensation package. We offer excellent benefits including (but not limited to): health, dental, and vision coverage, life insurance, and short-term and long-term disability coverage, and a 401k Plan.
Please send resume and salary requirements to the Director of Human Resources; P.O. Box 2809; Cookeville, TN 38501 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable. Member FDIC.