Serving our community for over 30 years!
Since opening our doors on Elm Street in Shelbyville, Tennessee in 1988, we have built our reputation on quality customer service and being an employer of choice in Bedford County! Our main focus is on the community we serve and developing our talented workforce. From that time, we have grown from 10 to over 80 employees and opened three additional branches. In 2002, we purchased a mortgage business, which is now known as First Community Mortgage. We have weathered challenging economic times to become even stronger and are well positioned for future growth in Middle Tennessee.
Working at First Community Bank is more than just a job, it’s being a part of something bigger! FCB is a family oriented employer that strives to build a rewarding environment that offers equal opportunity to all employees while maintaining integrity and professionalism. We pride ourselves on promoting from within and developing our work force!
- To maximize shareholder value as an independent community bank.
- To serve the financial needs of our communities, citizens, and businesses with the highest degree of integrity, professionalism, and confidentially.
- To provide superior customer products and services to the communities we serve.
- To create a rewarding environment that offers equal opportunity to all employees, while maintaining integrity and professionalism.
- To provide leadership which will help to improve the quality of life for the citizens of the communities we serve.
At FCB, employees are our greatest asset. We are proud to offer a competitive benefit package that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Affordable insurance package that includes Blue Cross Blue Shield Medical and Dental coverage
- Health Savings Account with employer contributions
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- 401K with company match
- 401K Profit Sharing contributions
- Annual bonus
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Tailored training and development to further enhance your career goals
The Sr. Loan Officer actively pursues building relationships with new and potential customers. They exercise independent judgment in recommending and structuring credit solutions with sound credit administration while meeting the bank’s growth needs. The Loan Officer is responsible for generating, closing, and servicing loans. Loan types may consist of consumer, consumer real estate, commercial, and agricultural. The Sr. Loan Officer reports to the CEO.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages loan portfolio, to include on-going communication and follow-up with customers.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
- Interviews prospective applicants and requests required information related to loan or credit applications; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information; assures proper loan information is collected to maintain acceptable credit standards and conform to bank policy.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan; approves loans within established lending guidelines.
- Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
- Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreements, customer needs, and Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within assigned portfolio.
- Maintains database and monitors performance of loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
- Negotiates terms and structures loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
- Conducts business development and customer retention officer calls.
- Develops new loan business by developing relationships with prospective customers, identifying needs, recommending solutions, and closing sales.
- Follows regulatory requirements by protecting information for privacy and confidentiality, displaying discretion in discussing customer information, obtaining proper information and paperwork to complete transactions, and following bank policies and regulations.
- Mentoring and coaching junior lenders
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 10+ years’ related experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products with demonstrated ability to learn new technology
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrates strong customer relationship skills with effective communication
- Highly motivated to meet and exceed goals, as well as customer expectations
- Commitment to maintain strong involvement in the local community
- Knowledge of the regions economic and agricultural environment
- Skilled in making business decisions upon which both customers and the bank can rely on
- Ability to form effective internal working relationships
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Must have excellent attention to detail along with critical thinking skills
- Must possess the ability to work well with employees at all levels of the organization and work well independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated work experience with confidential and sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully
This job description is an outline of the major recurring responsibilities of the job. It is not intended to be all-inclusive of the work to be performed. Other related job objectives, special assignments and less significant responsibilities will be performed by the incumbent(s).
First Community Bank of Tennessee is an Equal Opportunity Employer. First Community Bank of Tennessee does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Physical Setting: Office
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
- Signing bonus
Qualified candidates may apply on Indeed or email Kenzie Cole your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org