Relationship Banker II
Athens Main Office, Athens, TN, US
Serves as an ambassador for the bank with the purpose of delivering an exceptional experience to attract and retain customers. Maintains an extensive understanding of the bank’s suite of products and services and understands how to identify and communicate personalized solutions based on customer needs. Responsible for processing transactions, opening accounts, leveraging technology, addressing customer inquiries, and resolving issues. Serves as senior level banker and may assist in training or mentoring entry level bankers.
- With a clear understanding of the bank’s offerings and customer’s current or prospective relationship, offers solutions to benefit the customer and enhance the relationship by identifying and matching needs with the appropriate products and services. For advanced level products and services, responsible for making referrals and introductions to appropriate internal resource for service.
- Consistently meets or exceeds loan, deposit and fee income growth and relationship management goals for the financial center.
- Focuses on customer retention and relationship expansion through cross-sell activities
- Maintain an extensive working knowledge of the complete suite of products and services offered as well as bank operations procedures, policies, and regulations
- Prospect for new clients by developing relationships within the community
- Provides professional and proactive customer service by assisting customers with new and existing account inquiries, including researching and resolving account issues. Establishes new accounts for customers and follows designated new account procedures.
- Performs daily office responsibilities, working to maintain the efficient operation of the financial center, including but not limited to: Bank Opening/Closing, Vault Opening/Closing, Cash Shipments, Handling Cash Drawers, Safe Deposit Box Opening/Closing Operation; account exceptions and portfolio maintenance.
- Processes consumer and commercial transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, debit cards, negotiable items, address changes, stop payments and account maintenance
- Operate bank technology systems.
- Participate in all applicable training, including BSA/AML, Reg CC, and additional training as required by the job function.
Note: Incumbent may be asked to perform other non-essential duties as assigned.
High School diploma required; college degree preferred
A minimum of 5 years related work experience in the financial services industry required; must be able to work in a team environment with the ability to partner with co-workers and management
- Interview, select and train employees
- Set and adjust their rates of pay and hours of work
- Direct the work of employees
- Appraise employee’s productivity and efficiency for the purpose of recommending promotions or other changes in status
- Handle employee complaints
- Discipline employees
- Plan the work
- Determine the techniques to be used
- Apportion the work among the employees
- Determine the type of materials, supplies, machinery, equipment or tools to be used or merchandise to be bought, stocked and sold
- Control the flow and distribution of materials or merchandise and supplies
- Provide for the safety and security of the employees or the property
- Plan and control the budget
- Monitor or implement legal compliance measures
- Customarily and regularly direct the work of at least 2 or more full-time employees or their equivalent (1 full-time employee at 40 and 2 half-time employees at 20 hours each, are equivalent to 2 full-time employees).
- Authority to hire or fire other employees, or makes suggestions and recommendations as to the hiring, firing, advancement, promotion or any other change of status of other employees are given particular weight.
- Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently lifts/carries up to 5 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Additional physical and visual requirements (check all that apply)
- Identify and distinguish colors
- Stand for long periods of time
- Walk extended distances
- Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
- Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
- Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
- Reach hands and arms in any direction
- Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
Continually works in normal office conditions and in close proximity to others.
Qualified applicants may click this link to apply: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=efa1b269-c15e-4875-8e37-fb6bb6dbb61b&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=437339&source=CC2&lang=en_US