TITLE: Bank Secrecy Act Officer
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
The Bank Secrecy Act Officer is responsible for the implementation and administration of all aspects of the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering Program (BSA/AML), under the guidance of the SVP, Senior Compliance Officer and Chief Compliance Officer.
- Maintain current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all Anti-Money Laundering and OFAC regulations.
- Manage the BSA Department that consists of an Assistant BSA Officer and BSA Analysts. Ensures staff is cross trained to maintain depth in the department.
- Coordinate and monitor day-to-day BSA/AML/OFAC/CIP compliance. Ensures all department monitoring, investigation, data validation, reporting and recordkeeping functions are performed timely and effectively.
- Act as a liaison/contact for examinations, internal audit, and external audits of the BSA/AML/OFAC compliance programs. Respond to exams and audit concerns and oversees corrective action of all related compliance deficiencies.
- Serve as an escalation point for the BSA department and leadership for complex BSA related issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variables.
- Develop, implement, administer, and enhance the BSA/AML/OFAC monitoring systems to ensure that appropriate parameters are in place to identify suspicious activity.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of procedures and internal controls within the BSA department and propose enhancements as needed.
- Complete an annual BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessment and update related policies and procedures as applicable.
- Administers BSA/AML/OFAC related training programs for directors and employees and provides BSA guidance and coaching to employees.
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Minimum of five years of related financial industry experience. Strong background in Bank Secrecy Act regulations and requirements.
- Experience in managing and developing a team with the ability to work in a changing environment.
- Detail-oriented, self-starter, proactive, critical thinker and resourceful in problem solving.
- Excellent organization skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft products with strong skills in internet-based and system-based research techniques, e-mail communications, and ability to learn other related software applications required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with financial intelligence tools and resources to detect suspicious activity.
- Sitting for long periods of time
- Lift 10-20lbs periodically
- Periodic travel
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or related field preferred
- 3-5 years BSA experience, preferred.
- 5-10 years general banking experience, preferred.
Qualified candidates may click here to apply.