Commercial Loan Assistant
At SimplyBank, helping our customers with their financial wellness is our top priority—and we love to do so as a team. Our Commercial Loan Assistants are committed to creating a positive and seamless commercial banking experience that is personalized to meet each customer’s needs and goals.
In this role, you will work closely with Commercial Relationship Managers to develop and maintain relationships with new and existing customers that grow the bank’s commercial loan and deposit portfolio and profitability levels. As a Commercial Loan Assistant, you will develop relationships with customers, facilitate a seamless loan experience for both the customer and the Commercial Relationship Manager, and establish new deposit and business services products that deepen the bank’s level of connectivity with its customers.
If you are an energetic and organized sales support professional who loves building relationships and working behind the scenes to make complicated processes seem like a walk in the park for others, our Commercial Loan Assistant role might be your next adventure!
Commercial Loan Assistant Responsibilities and Requirements
- Anticipating and proactively meeting customer needs throughout the loan application process
- Creating a smooth lending process for the Relationship Manager and customer by assisting with credit draws, tracking and communicating missing information throughout the loan application process, and scheduling closings
- Obtaining customer information and documentation needed to thoroughly underwrite loan requests including proof of income and financials, credit reports, insurance policies, bills of sale, and other collateral documentation
- Ensuring a seamless loan closing experience by forwarding loan document packages to the customer for signing, preparing loan disbursement entries on the signing date, and funding loans to the title company
- Sending completed loan packages for booking once all loan closing conditions are satisfied, missing items and exceptions have been cleared, and loan packages are completed
- Tracking the status of all current and prospective loans in process
- Assisting the customer on an ongoing basis after the loan has closed by processing loan payments, reaching out when payments are past due, reviewing loan maturity reports and communicating maturation information to customers as needed
- Identifying, cross-selling, or passing along leads for potential customers as appropriate
- Reviewing customer account information and data to look for additional ways to serve them, secure their operating accounts, and deepen relationships through new products and services that align with customer needs and interests
- Maintaining consistent touchpoints with customers to discover and address their needs, complaints, or other issues
- Proactively working with existing customers to extend, renew and modify credit obligations
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial, industrial, or real estate lending support and administration is preferred
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including 100% paid employee medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Employer paid 401k match and safe harbor vesting
- Paid time off, including 11 Federal Reserve bank holidays
- The opportunity to work in a customer-centric and energetic environment in the Knoxville, Tennessee area where leadership is committed to the growth and development of its team
Qualified candidates may send resumes to email@example.com.
We will happily reply to all applicants upon resume review! Please, no phone inquiries at this time.