Special Assets Officer
At SimplyBank, helping our customers with their financial wellness is our top priority—and we love to do so as a team. Our Special Assets Officer plays a critical role in the collections, asset evaluation, and Other Real Estate Owned (OREO) aspects of one of the fastest growing community banks in the Southeast.
As Special Assets Officer, you will play a key role in managing the Bank’s collateral assets and exposures by carefully evaluating the bank’s troubled loans and working with the special assets team to collect payments, manage the Other Real Estate Owned (OREO) process, and repossess and liquidate assets when necessary. You will help the bank’s customers avoid collection and repossession whenever possible by helping evaluate all mutually agreeable options for the customer and the bank and provides for the efficient collection of troubled loan assets when necessary.
If you are an empathetic but no-nonsense collections or workout professional looking for a new challenge in a fast-paced and rapidly growing community bank system, our Special Assets Officer role might be a fit for you!
Special Assets Officer Responsibilities and Requirements
- Working with the lending and credit teams to review and assess all of the bank’s identified troubled loans
- Traveling within the bank’s footprint to personally assess the quality and condition of collateral assets, thoroughly reporting the findings back to the leadership team in a timely manner
- Exemplifying and upholding the bank’s cultural values and holding the special assets team accountable for the bank’s service and cultural expectations
- Taking an analytical and judicious approach to assets evaluation
- Experience working with individuals in bankruptcy and familiarity with the bankruptcy, repossession, and foreclosure laws, regulations, and requirements in Tennessee and Georgia
- Collecting payments from customers on the phone and working in the field to evaluate OREO
- Escalating issues and decisions that need to be made at a higher level to the leadership team
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and work in a fast-paced and high-change environment
- Skill in reading people and relating to them while enforcing and maintaining bank policies and procedures
- A minimum of 5-10 years of real estate or large asset collections, OREO, or bank workout experience
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including 100% paid employee medical, dental, life and disability insurance
- Employer paid 401k match and safe harbor vesting
- Paid time off, including 11 Federal Reserve bank holidays
- Competitive compensation
- Hybrid work opportunities in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area
- The opportunity to work in a customer-centric and energetic environment where leadership is committed to the growth and development of its team
Qualified candidates may send resumes to email@example.com.
We will happily reply to all applicants upon resume review! Please, no phone inquiries at this time.