Director, Correspondent Banking
At MetaBank, we take tremendous pride in our mission to create financial inclusion for all. We are a financial enablement company who works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products that contribute to the social benefit of communities at the core of the real economy.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
Establish and maintain relationships for optimizing business levels transacted with correspondent banks and advising the organization on any events occurring within correspondent network, which might impact the organization’s business and service delivery. Identify, negotiate, and oversee contracts with C-level contacts with program bank partners.
What You Will Do:
- Establish, manage, and promote effective relationships with senior executive level contacts at
correspondent banks to facilitate transference of excess bank deposits through custodial accounts.
- Develop, promote, and support growth of the bank business through correspondent relationships.
- Interact with correspondent bank executive level leadership and treasury functional leaders.
- Ensure compliance to bank operational policies and program standards for deposit transference.
- Work cross-functionally with Bank Treasury, Legal, Operations, and Compliance teams to drive execution of commitments made to correspondent banking partners and bank regulators.
- Monitor customer performance through regular review of accounts, customer visits, and financial
- Negotiate and oversee contracts with correspondent banks. Maintain deep understanding of bank and correspondent bank liquidity needs for deposit placement.
- Develop and drive overall correspondent banking strategy and collaborate internally to marry
correspondent banking strategy to bank overall strategy.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Typically, 8+ years of related banking and/or finance experience with a bachelor’s or equivalent.
- Corresponding banking experience preferred
- Prior experience negotiating large and complex contracts.
- Typically, 8+ years with bachelor’s or equivalent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong financial acumen and solid understanding of bank balance sheet management, regulatory guidelines, relevant local legislation, and financial markets.
- The ability to manage multiple competing priorities.
- The ability to partner and influence at various levels of the organization.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.