Project Manager III
At MetaBank, we take tremendous pride in our mission to create financial inclusion for all. We are a financial enablement company who works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products that contribute to the social benefit of communities at the core of the real economy.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
Manage short and long-term projects and departmental initiatives. Develop project plans and schedules, assemble, and manage project teams, identify project tasks and timeframes, and communicate progress to stakeholders. In addition, apply project management methodology and tools, as well as expert negotiating talents to resolve problems and facilitate the achievement of outcomes
What You Will Do:
- Manage a variety of project types (minor, major, some complex projects).
- Direct and manage project throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full-scale project schedules/timelines and associated communication documents.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals.
- Negotiate with resource managers to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget (if applicable); determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants (if necessary) during project lifecycle.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with sponsors, team members, and stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate project personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify, track, and resolve issues related to the project throughout its lifecycle.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plan.
- Identify, communicate, and manage risk.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Understand all aspects of the projects according to project management methodologies, standards and best practices as set by the Project Management Office.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- 5+ years project management, business, IT/IS team leadership or related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and applies knowledge in all phases of the project delivery lifecycle.
- Understanding of Scrum / Agile methodology preferred.
- Understanding and working knowledge of data collection, integration, processing, and management practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.