Partner Account Executive
At MetaBank, we take tremendous pride in our mission to create financial inclusion for all. We are a financial enablement company who works with innovators to increase financial availability, choice, and opportunity for all. We strive to remove barriers that traditional institutions put in the way of financial access, and promote economic mobility by providing responsible, secure, high quality financial products that contribute to the social benefit of communities at the core of the real economy.
We are a team of problem solvers and innovators who celebrate our differences and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger and well-positioned for success. We celebrate, and embrace, our team members through our *HUMBLE*HUNGRY*SMART approach, and we believe that we are strongest when we embrace the voices of our employees, customers, partners, and the communities we serve.
About the Role:
Plans and oversees enterprise-level support and service activities for company products and services for a designated partner or group of partners. Develops partner relationship and deep understanding of partner business, using Meta and industry knowledge to collaborate and drive growth and retention efforts. This individual must create an environment where 100% responsibility and accountability is taken by every member of the Partner-specific teams on behalf of assigned Partners. This includes P&L responsibilities, strategy development, managing the Partner relationships, working collaboratively with product management, operations, IT, legal, compliance, risk, finance and other relevant cross-functional partners, holding them accountable for their support of market growth, quality assurance and overall success of the Partner relationships.
What You Will Do:
- Develops the individual Partner relationships and ensures goals, strategies and objectives are in place to support the execution of all Partner and Meta plans.
- Creates Partner-specific strategic account plans which align with overall revenue/gross margin and Meta corporate strategy goals.
- Champions partner’s business development initiatives within Meta.
- Identifies and drives new product opportunities within Meta, with and for Partner.
- Monitors and assesses trends, problem areas, understands Partner’s unique needs, providing them with feedback on Meta’s performance and theirs, keeping them current in all facets of Meta’s business and keeping lines of communication with Partners open at all times.
- Has a deep understanding of MetaBank strategy, policies, products, systems and processes and works within these to further growth and development of Partner business with Meta. Appropriately challenges these standards when necessary to further the growth and development of Partner business.
- Has a deep understanding of all Partner’s business, key decision makers and influencers, trends in the industry, as well as their competition. Consults regularly with Partner on these topics.
- Holds regular face-to-face meetings with senior level executives to continue to build relationship, strategize about objectives and ensure alignment between Partner and Meta.
- On call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and responds appropriately to ensure Meta support groups respond and react accordingly.
- Required to carry a cell phone and travel to partner site(s) as necessary.
- Aligns partner needs with internal solutions. Appropriately challenges status quo to ensure Meta continues to develop solutions to ensure retention and enable growth of Partner business with Meta.
- Has an intimate knowledge of Partner agreements, programs, pricing strategies, marketing approaches and providing accurate and timely reporting of information and strong relationship building skills are all keys to success in this role.
- Engages Meta senior management across the organization as appropriate to assist with reaching partner objectives and account plans.
- Provides coaching, mentoring, and support at every level within the Partner-specific teams as needed. Acts as a role model for every team member and across the organization by demonstrating a personal commitment to excellence while exhibiting unquestioned integrity and trust.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, or more than ten years of experience in client-facing leadership in the financial services industry.
- 5 years of Merch Acquiring industry experience at a minimum.
- Ability to communicate with “C” level executives.
- Solid understanding of technology and operational process required to deliver and support new products.
- Must possess exceptional financial acumen to include working with P&L’s, reading partner and Meta balance sheets, trend analysis, aging reports and other financial tools.
- Must display proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position is largely self-directed, and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Lifting requirement: Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with interruptions and/or distractions.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
The responsibilities listed above are not all inclusive and may be changed at any time.