First Volunteer Bank
Commercial Underwriter II
A Commercial Underwriter with our growing bank is responsible for working with Credit Officers and Commercial Banking Advisers to underwrite and document approvals for new and existing credit requests as well as work with the loan monitoring of commercial credit relationships.
Role and Responsibilities
- Prepares careful, detailed credit memos complete with a detailed analysis of repayment sources, collateral analysis and well-supported risk rating recommendation.
- Prepares financial statement spreads using designated software products and templates after receipt of a financial package and initial loan request.Works in a team setting and fosters a cooperative and harmonious working climate conducive to maximizing employee morale and productivity.
- Maintains full knowledge of loan policies and procedures and uses this knowledge in the preparation of credit analysis packages.
- Participates in and contributes to discussions on terms, structure and viability of various loan requests with the underwriting team.
- Performs periodic servicing on the material and problem relationships that are assigned.
- Manages various reports involving loan portfolio segments, concentrations or areas of interest.
- Participates in workgroups or teams involved in evaluation of lending software or systems.
- 5+ of solid experience in financial analysis, structuring and underwriting.Demonstrated understanding of commercial C&I and commercial real estate loan products, loan terms, and repayment plans.
- Must be attentive to detail and possess excellent verbal and written communication and organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Sageworks as a software application is helpful.
Qualified candidates may visit www.firstvolunteer.com/careers to apply.