Senior Internal Auditor
Internal Audit – Nashville, Tennessee
FirstBank is a Tennessee-based community bank with over $10 billion in assets and regulated by the FDIC. The purpose of FirstBank’s internal audit department is to provide independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve FirstBank’s operations. The mission of internal audit is to enhance and protect organizational value by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice, and insight. The internal audit department helps FirstBank accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of governance, risk management, and control processes.
The FirstBank Senior Internal Auditor will assist in planning, executing, and reporting on internal audit engagements, provide oral and written reports reflecting results of work performed, and assist in other risk assessment, issue management, assurance, and consulting activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Plans, executes, and reports on internal audit engagements in accordance with International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and the Bank’s internal methodology.
- Performing financial, operational, compliance, and special audits on the Bank’s business activities to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of the control environment, integrity of financial information, or achievement of business objectives.
- Conducts and documents risk-based audits in accordance with the Standards, including planning, performing control walkthroughs, control testing, documenting, and reporting results.
- Identifies risks, controls, and concerns in audit areas and discusses potential findings with audit leadership and the business owners.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge in risk and controls, planning comprehensive audits, detailed risk assessments and process/controls documentation, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Prepares written audit reports that are accurate, objective, constructive, and timely for expressing an opinion on the adequacy of internal controls and to ensure broad understanding of areas where corrective action may be required. Identifies root causes and develops recommendations for improvement to existing systems and functions.
- Assist in performing risk assessments and annual strategic planning of audits.
- Performs follow-up activities to assess remediation of identified issues.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information as required by law and by Bank policy.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, bank regulatory issuances, our industry, and Company products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Less than 25% travel required.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or other financial area
- 3+ years of financial institution internal audit experience
- Experience conducting risk-based audits
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and ability to learn/apply auditing related software
- “Big 4” public accounting/consulting experience highly desirable
- Certified Internal Auditor preferred
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to work and communicate with business process owners
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate documents such as policies, procedures, standards, financial information, and laws/regulations
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of inputs furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Knowledge of COSO framework and ability to apply concepts.
- Demonstrated integrity and judgment within a professional environment
- Able to work in a high growth environment
- Have flexibility in adjusting to change
Qualified candidates may click here to apply.