Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) Officer
Location: Knoxville, TN
We are seeking a CRA Officer to support the Bank’s audit and compliance team with development, implementation and maintenance of the Bank’s CRA program to ascertain and document how the bank is responding to the credit needs of LMI members of its communities. The CRA Officer participates in strategic initiatives, coordinates and reports on the CRA program, and makes recommendation for improving our community development efforts to management. The CRA Officer is a subject matter expert with advanced knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act, Home Mortgage Disclosure Act, and Fair Lending.
- Develops and manages CRA and HMDA compliance monitoring and audit programs and maintains and updates related policies and procedures company-wide.
- Participates in federal regulatory examinations for CRA and HMDA.
- Interprets and applies the CRA and HMDA regulations and provides continuing guidance to employees on compliance matters that have implications for all departments company-wide.
- Conducts routine and periodic CRA, fair lending and HMDA data analysis.
- Maintains database of qualified CRA activities and the Bank’s CRA public file
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk, assists Management to develop and implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Provides reporting of activities to keep Management informed of the CRA program elements and progress of compliance efforts.
- Manages and conducts annual CRA and HMDA related training for team members.
- Assists other compliance team members as needed.
Qualifications and Abilities:
- Minimum of five years’ experience in financial institution CRA or compliance role. CRCM or similar professional certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations governing financial institutions and CRA and HMDA compliance.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple priorities and projects, perform duties under time pressures, prioritize workflow and follow up, meet deadlines.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Salary – Negotiable; commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to email@example.com.