Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Knoxville, TN
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing individual internal audit projects as part of the company’s strategic internal audit plan. This responsibility includes developing scope, performing procedures, and preparing reports that reflect the results of the work performed, which will include financial, compliance and operational audits. Additionally, the Senior Internal Auditor will perform follow-up on the status of outstanding internal audit recommendations, assist with development of the annual internal audit plan, and champion internal control and corporate governance concepts throughout the business.
- Plan, execute, and report on internal audit engagements in accordance with internal audit Standards and the Bank’s internal methodology.
- Perform financial, operational, compliance, and special audits on the Bank’s business activities to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of the control environment, integrity of financial information, or achievement of business.
- Prepare timely written audit reports that are accurate, objective, and constructive.
- Identify root causes and develop recommendations for improvement to existing systems and functions.
- Assist in performing risk assessments and annual strategic planning of audits.
- Perform follow-up activities to assess remediation of identified issues.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information as required by law and by Bank policy.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, banking regulations, and bank products and services through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in internal auditing role.
- Experience conducting risk-based audits.
- CIA, CRMA, or similar professional certification preferred.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), internal control concepts and internal auditing standards, COSO, risk assessment practices and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Familiarity with consumer compliance and banking laws and regulations.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of internal controls over financial reporting.
- General knowledge of bank operations, internal controls, deposit and lending processes, and account documents.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Word, etc.) required. Experience using data analytics tools preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignment within time constraints and deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret laws, rules, government regulations and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact positively with team members throughout the bank.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and responsiveness.
Salary – Negotiable; commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.