Internal Audit Manager
Location: Knoxville, TN
In the key role of Internal Audit Manager, you will be responsible for the overall internal audit program for the bank including developing and updating audit programs and procedures and participating in risk assessment and reporting. Uniquely positioned to work across all lines of business, you will get exposure to every aspect of the business and the control environment. Reporting to the Vice President of Audit and Compliance, you will work extensively with external and outsourced auditors to identify efficiencies and opportunities throughout the organization and complete various internal control and compliance audits, including planning, execution, and report preparation. This role is both detail oriented and strategic, requiring comprehensive reviews of the business based on any given audit scope and reporting on matters that are relevant to management and the Board.
- Apply internal control concepts to plan, perform, manage, and report on the evaluation of various business processes.
- Plan, execute, and report on internal audit engagements in accordance with internal audit Standards and the Bank’s internal methodology.
- Perform financial, operational, compliance, and special audits on the Bank’s business activities to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of the control environment, integrity of financial information, or achievement of business.
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge to perform and evaluate detailed risk assessments and process/controls, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Prepare written audit reports that are accurate, objective, constructive, and timely for identifying root causes and develop recommendations for improvement to existing systems and functions.
- Perform the annual risk assessments and strategic planning of audits.
- Perform follow-up activities to assess remediation of identified issues.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information as required by law and by Bank policy.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, bank regulatory issuances, our industry, and Company products and information through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Performs other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Manage and direct other internal audit team members as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in internal audit management role.
- CIA, CRMA, or similar professional certification.
- Ability to travel 10-15%.
Abilities and Skills:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management.
- Exhibit the leadership skills needed to obtain business owner buy-in for constructive change.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002, COSO, internal auditing standards, generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), and risk assessment practices.
- Understanding of the technical aspects of accounting and financial reporting.
- Experience in performing multiple projects and working with varied team members.
- Perform duties under time pressures, prioritize workflow, meet deadlines.
- Ability to read, interpret, analyze, and evaluate documents such as policies, procedures, standards, financial information, and laws/regulations.
- Ability to critically analyze and assess the adequacy of internal controls and opportunities for process improvements and efficiency gains.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Work independently with limited supervision
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, etc.) required. Data analytics tool experience preferred.
- Team mindset and ability to follow and enforce company procedures.
- Ability to interact positively with team members throughout the bank.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment that requires flexibility and responsiveness.
- High level of personal and professional ethics.
- A strong sense of urgency and high degree of personal integrity.
Salary – Negotiable; commensurate with experience
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.