Our client is seeking a CFO to join its organization.
Working under the policy direction of Company and under the general supervision of the President & CEO this position is accountable for the company’s financial and risk management operations. In coordination with the President & CEO, and as a member of the Executive Team, the CFO helps develop and establish a strategic plan for the organization including revenue generation and balance sheet composition. The CFO is responsible for accounting, budgeting, financial forecasting, financial operations, financial compliance with Federal, State, and Local Agencies contracts, treasury and risk management, cash flow analysis and liquidity risks, asset/liability management, and financial reporting.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in developing Company’s strategic financial goals, financial plans, operational strategies, and financial and programmatic budgets, working with the President & CEO, other members of the executive team and the management team.
- Directs and oversees all aspects of the finance and accounting functions, ensuring accounting team performs in a prudent manner that will generate timely and reliable financial information adhering to all accounting standards including FASB and Nonprofit Accounting Standards.
- Oversees federal, state, and local agencies contracts and grants, ensuring compliance with all the related contractual and programmatic requirements including the billing requirements.
- Monitors and develops control systems to safeguard company assets and ensure accurate reporting of financial results.
- Performs financial analysis and forecasting to aid in cost benefit analysis, budget management, funding needs, investment strategies and risk management.
- Oversees financial reporting to the Board of Directors.
- BS in Accounting, Finance, or another business-related field.
- MBA, CPA and/or CMA highly desirable.
- 10+ years in progressively responsible financial leadership roles, preferably in a major for profit or nonprofit company or a division of a large for profit or nonprofit corporation.
- Experience with financial institutions/lending operations
- Experience in partnering with CEO and executive team to develop strategic and operational plans through effective change management.
- Knowledge of negotiating, contracting, executing and complying with legal documents and requirements.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local agencies financial regulations.
- Experience in corporate governance.
- Knowledge and experience with Intacct or similar accounting systems.
- Strong leadership and management skills with ability to delegate, motivate, and inspire team members.
- Excellent external and internal customer service skills.
- Strong competency with Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Ability to navigate multiple computer systems, applications, and utilize search tools to obtain information.
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
- Self-reliant and self-motivated.
- Tactical and strategic thinker.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.