First US Bank
Senior Credit Officer
The Senior Credit Officer supports regional commercial Relationship Managers in the East Tennessee
market. This role monitors the credit quality of a diverse C&I and CRE loan portfolio, and works with the
commercial lending team in upholding the risk appetite of First US Bank. The ideal candidate is a critical
thinker with the ability to understand the business needs of clients as well as the credit standards of the
bank, and to develop solutions that benefit both parties. To provide for independence, this position reports
to the Chief Credit Officer.
- Supports the bank’s loan growth and credit quality goals by ensuring adherence to underwriting
- Serves as a resource for the commercial lending team by providing expertise and guidance in
underwriting and structuring various commercial loan types.
- Ensures key credit issues and risk exposures are thoroughly analyzed and clearly presented, credit
decisions are acceptable, and loan structures appropriately mitigate the bank’s risk exposure.
- Evaluates the accuracy of risk ratings and the timeliness of changes; identifies, assesses, and
escalates credit risks, underwriting deficiencies, and related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum 15+ years of work experience in credit analysis, credit review, or portfolio
management for a commercial lending organization, consulting firm, or regulatory agency.
- Strong financial statement and cash flow analysis skills; formal credit training preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency and knowledge of commercial lending policies, procedures, and
practices with understanding of credit structure and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills with ability to offer alternatives within established credit quality
- Organized with keen attention to detail, planning, and follow-through; ability to work on multiple
tasks and concurrent closing requests without compromising quality.
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external business partners to establish positive,
- Demonstrates confidence, assertiveness, and professionalism with a positive and respectful
demeanor; shows sound judgment and decision-making ability; requires limited direction or
This job operates in a professional office environment. The role routinely uses standard office equipment
such as computers, phones, photocopiers, and filing cabinets
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This is largely a sedentary role; however, this
position may require the ability to lift files, bend, reach, walk or maneuver around the bank. This position
may occasionally need to lift up to 25 pounds.
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an
accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential to the job.
Federal Contractor-Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disabled/Vets
Qualified candidates may send resumes to email@example.com.