Full-Time ▪ Accounting Operations ▪ Nashville, TN
The Accountant is responsible for general accounting support to the Chief Treasury Officer and
other members of executive management. The role is a full-time position working in the accounting
department of Truxton Trust Company with opportunities for growth in financial acumen and
leadership, communication, and collaboration skills. The Accountant will have significant exposure
to senior leaders and a support network of peers.
Who We Are
Truxton Trust Company is a provider of private banking, wealth management, trust, capital markets,
and family office services for wealthy individuals, their families and their business interests. Serving
clients across the world, Truxton’s vastly experienced team of professionals provides customized
solutions to its clients’ complex financial needs. Founded in 2004 in Nashville, Tennessee, Truxton
Trust upholds its original guiding principle: do the right thing. Truxton Trust Company is a subsidiary
of financial holding company, Truxton Corporation (OTCPK: TRUX). For more information, visit
Our mission: To do the right thing every day, putting our clients’ interests first, with distinctive,
comprehensive financial solutions that protect and promote client prosperity and quality of life.
What You Will Be Doing
- Paying vendor invoices, employee credit cards, and employee expense reports in an
accurate, efficient, and timely manner
- Preparing and reviewing daily, monthly, and quarterly reconciliations
- Processing General Ledger entries
- Verifying daily cash positions with correspondent banks
- Preparing daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports and data feeds
- Preparing and filing the Unclaimed Property Reports and collateral pool reports with the state
- Conducting research and analysis to provide management with definitive financial data
- Working with both internal and external auditors and examiners to provide requested items
What We Are Looking For:
Attributes and Abilities
- You are detail-oriented and organized
- You are curious and excited to learn when presented with a new issue
- You are a problem solver, able to both diagnose challenges and solve them efficiently
- You are able to seamlessly toggle between independent work and collaborating with a team
- You prioritize diligence and timeliness
Experience and Skills
- 1-2 years of working knowledge and experience in the accounting or finance industry
- OR significant coursework and demonstrated interest in accounting
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel)
Education and Designations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Bonus points: Advanced Degree or Professional Designations (CPA, MAcc, CFA, CFP, etc.)
Why You Should Work Here
- Truxton is a highly profitable and growing company that has been recognized by American
Banker as the 19 th best community bank (and top-ranking TN bank) based on 3-year Return
on Average Equity.
- Opportunities to grow your expertise, take on new challenges, and gain exposure to a wide
range of sophisticated work across private banking, wealth management, asset-liability
management, treasury management, deposit operations, and capital markets.
- Because we are a smaller company, you will have the opportunity to chart your own course
and contribute to initiatives that go beyond your job title.
- Truxton supports and encourages a culture of learning, both through internal development
and pursuit of professional designations.
If working for Truxton appeals to you but you don’t think you are a match for this role, we still
encourage you to send a resume and cover letter explaining how you might contribute to our team.
What We Offer
- 401k + company match
- Medical, life, dental, and vision insurance
- Paid federal holidays
- Paid vacation Time
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
Qualified candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.