VP Lending – Rural Tennessee
Pathway Lending is a CDFI whose mission is to provide lending solutions and educational services that support the development, growth, and preservation of underserved small businesses, affordable housing, and sustainable communities. We finance businesses and strengthen communities. PL is looking for another motivated person to join this team to help small business owners turn their passion into a successful enterprise that creates jobs and generates economic development throughout the state.
The VP Lending – Rural Tennessee supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of the SVP Lending this position provides support in administrative areas. The VP Lending-Rural Tennessee is responsible for the overall growth and productivity of the designated market. The VP Lending-Rural Tennessee will also assist Pathway Lending in meeting established annual loan production goals.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the SVP Lending to develop strategies for increased lending into Tennessee’s rural markets including communities designated as Persistent Poverty or Distressed; establishes expected annual production levels for lending in these rural markets; and measures overall success on an ongoing basis by originating loans to small businesses in these communities.
- Coordinates with the Director Economic Development and Entrepreneurship to increase Pathway Lending’s visibility within the target market through a strategic plan and planned outreach effort. The calls should focus on banks and other appropriate partners to establish a referral network for loan applications.
- Works with clients to collect proper documentation for loan requests prior to submission for credit review.
- Maintains a close working relationship with all internal partners and works with the SVP Education and Entrepreneurship to determine the type and amount of technical assistance needed by the client.
- Maintains periodic contact with existing clients to ensure they are satisfied with the service provided and to identify potential new opportunities.
- Participates in various events and conferences throughout the year to increase Pathway Lending’s visibility in the respective market.
- Evaluates the initial credit worthiness of the applicants in collaboration with the SVP Lending. Assesses the client’s business operations and potential opportunities.
- Responsible for promotion and reporting responsibilities associated with the TN Rural Opportunity Fund.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is required. A Master’s Degree in Business, Public Administration, or Economic Development is preferred. Five+ years of experience in job related activities is required. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Pathway Lending Advantages:
- A flexible work environment with a /hybrid model (Home and Office Flexible work schedule)
- Professional development and opportunities for growth encouraged by leadership
- Acknowledgment/recognition of individual and team contribution
- Sincere care/regard for each Team member
- Extensive health insurance and benefits
- Competitive compensation packages
- An organization built and aligned for success
- Integrity: we endeavor to be who we say we are, and to do what we say we will do
Starting Salary: $85,696
Send resumes to: Rita.Johnson@pathwaylending.org