A $300 million asset East Tennessee Community Bank is seeking candidates for the position of President. Applicants should have proven advancement in banking and display skills of leadership, management, and civic involvement. Bachelor’s Degree required with advanced training in lending and accounting desired.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Reports to and under the direction of the bank’s Board of Directors.
- Responsible for management and profitability of the bank.
- Directs, implements, and participates in business development activities.
- Represents the bank to the community through good client relations and civic involvement.
- Establishes and helps to attain internal performance objectives for bank volume, deposits, loan, and bond portfolios.
- Manages large or complex commercial loans.
- Analyzes and screens loan requests for all types of loans.
- Participates in and encourages activities of bank loan officers; and directs personnel to ensure prompt, accurate and dependable customer service.
- Follow and implements all Federal and State regulations.
- Serves on the Board of the Bank and the Bank Holding Company.
The following specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum education and experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the job functions in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Excellent management skills.
- Strong background in financial institution operating policies and procedures, Federal and State banking regulations, employee development and public relations; and excellent written and verbal communication skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university
- A minimum of ten years’ experience in commercial banking
- Preferred background in lending and/or accounting
- Ethical – The ability to instill trust with bank constituents.
- Customer Focus – Ensuring that the customer perspective is a driving force behind business decisions and activities; crafting and implementing service practices that meet customers needs and bank objectives.
- Contributing to Team Success – Actively participating as a member/leader of a team to achieve goals and objectives.
- Decision Making – Identifying and understanding issues, problems, and opportunities; comparing data from different sources to draw conclusions; using effective approaches for choosing a course of action or developing appropriate solutions; taking action that is consistent with available facts, constraints, and consequences, and achievement of objectives.
- Leadership – Demonstrating the traits, inclinations, and dispositions that characterize successful leaders; exhibiting behavior styles that meet the demands of the leader role.
- Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence.
Qualified candidates may send confidential resumes to email@example.com.