JOB TITLE: Senior Business Advisor-Financial Planning and Analysis (FPA)
REPORTS TO: SVP Education
The Senior Business Advisor-FPA supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending (Pathway) and under the general supervision of the SVP Education this position provides support in administrative areas. The Senior Business Advisor-FPA is primarily responsible for the counseling of Pathway’s small business clients in Tennessee to promote the success of the businesses and to mitigate the risk of loan losses in the loan portfolio.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides hands-on business consulting to assess strengths and weaknesses in clients’ business models, strategies and practices increasing the clients’ business acumen and financial literacy. Leads client engagements with minimal oversight.
- Identifies client’s operational deficiencies and develops practical strategies to mitigate risk and increase productivity and profitability.
- Understands and analyzes key financial business drivers and serves as the financial liaison to help drive analysis and forecasts for clients.
- Communicates complex business situations and financial concepts to non-financial clients in a clear, simple, and concise manner.
- Collaborates with small business owners to help them make informed decisions based on various analyses on cash flow, working capital, processes, pricing, marketing, etc.
- Supports Pathway’s educational programs by providing one- on- one counseling to clients; assists with classes; and represents the organization at various outreach events.
- Establishes and maintains all client and milestone information in organizational systems such as Salesforce and Sageworks.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or economics is required an M.B.A., CPA, or FP certification is a plus. Five years of experience in job related activities (FPA), small business consulting, finance or owning a successful business is preferred. Must exhibit a solid understanding of financial principles, budgeting, and forecasting. Must have experience resolving and working through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Ability to communicate in English, remain in a stationary position 75% of workday, move, some travel throughout Pathway market, and ability to adapt to a changing environment. Aligns with Pathway Lending’s mission of providing clients and stakeholders with the highest level of service to facilitate their success and the economic growth of our CDFI market.
Position is in an office setting that involves everyday risks or discomforts requiring normal safety precautions.
Remote work options available. Some travel required to meet client in their place of business.
To apply: Please email resume to Admin@PathwayLending.org