Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer
Millennium Bank was founded on a personalized, community-oriented approach to banking and we are proud to serve the residents of Tennessee and Florida.
We are committed to delivering an exceptional experience for our customers. Our teams work together each day to foster customer relationships by adhering to our core values: integrity, respect, customer centric, excellence, quality of life, and teamwork. We take pride in developing our employees to be the best that they can be.
Millennium Bank is currently seeking a Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer.
The Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) Officer is responsible for developing, implementing, and administering all aspects of the Bank’s BSA/AML Program. The incumbent conducts or participates in audits, training, and research of issues related to BSA throughout the Bank to ensure that the Bank’s policies and procedures comply with appropriate laws and regulations. This position performs various quality control reviews and monitors items such as Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering, OFAC and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance sampling methods to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
- Administers the Bank’s BSA Program, including updating policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Maintains a current knowledge of the Bank Secrecy Act and all related anti-money laundering and OFAC regulations; monitors legislative and regulatory developments regarding the Bank Secrecy Act and reports important compliance developments
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret government regulations (both existing and proposed) to ensure proper compliance.
- Implementation of new regulations or changes to existing regulations.
- Provides Bank staff and Board of Directors with training and educational opportunities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Identifies appropriate curriculum for each position
- Monitors individual employee progress with annual training expectations
- Provides scheduled reports to management and the Board of Directors
- Provides Bank staff with useful materials and publication relative to regulatory requirement and recent developments.
- Performs annual BSA/AML/OFAC risk assessment.
- Coordinates and oversees BSA regulatory examinations and internal audits.
- Monitors and investigates suspicious activity; responsible for identifying suspicious activity, and promptly filing SAR’s when applicable.
- Oversees monitoring program, including SAR filing and 314(a) reporting; directly responds to all 314(a) and 314(b) inquiries, escalates potential watch list hits and prepares required regulatory reports.
- Ensures that official reports to federal and state regulatory agencies are properly prepared and submitted timely.
- Attends on-going training on BSA topics, keeping management abreast of trends and changes in compliance activities.
- Reviews new account activity and large transactions, reporting activity as required.
- Completes periodic high-risk reviews as needed.
- Files Currency Transaction Reports in a timely manner, if needed.
- Ensures new product development includes full AML consideration including new product risk assessment input.
- Assists in developing and preparing for approval various policies and procedures, as assigned.
- Performs additional duties as assigned or requested.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATION, & TRAINING
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of AML/BSA experience at a financial institution.
- Professional certification preferred (CAMS, CAFE, CFE, or similar).
- Thorough knowledge of and adherence to banking laws and regulations.
- Effective written and verbal presentation skills – ability to communicate effectively with board of directors and regulatory authorities.
Millennium Bank offers a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including:
- Health, dental & vision Insurance
- Company paid Life/AD&D Insurance
- Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401k Plan with employer matching
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) policy
- Up to 11 paid Holidays
Millennium Bank is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.”
All candidates must satisfy a background screening including credit history, drug screen, and criminal records.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.