Community First Bank
Chief Financial Officer
Location: Seneca, South Carolina
Reports To: President & CEO
The CFO is responsible for directing the fiscal functions of the corporation in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization’s fiscal function and performance.
- Participate in the development of the corporation’s plans and programs as a strategic partner.
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
- Develop credibility for the finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO/President, the Board and other senior executives in performing their responsibilities.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the financial discipline.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization, i.e., evaluation of potential alliances acquisitions and/or mergers and pension funds and investments.
- Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
- Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
- Asset-liability management
- Chairs the Funds Management Committee
- Financial Management.
- Business Acumen.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Performance Management.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Strategic Thinking.
- Technical Capacity.
This position is responsible for the direct supervision of the controller and the indirect supervision of all employees in the accounting and finance department.
This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is largely a sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 25% travel.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree required or 10 to 15 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred Education and Experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications None required for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.