First National Bank of Tennessee
Commercial Loan Sales Manager
Location: Upper Cumberland Area (Cumberland, Overton, Putnam, & White Counties)
The position of Commercial Loan Sales Manager is an experienced lending officer whose portfolio consists of large and complex commercial loan customers. They are responsible for soliciting, negotiating, underwriting, and coordinating the closing of more complex commercial loans in compliance with the Bank’s lending policies and procedures; developing business deposit relationships with customers; and promoting business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations. The position assists lenders in all markets by providing support, training, and leadership to less experienced lenders when it comes to large, complex commercial loans.
Essential Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Engages in business development activities and calls and solicitations of new and prospective customers; actively involved in instilling and maintaining a positive sales environment through education of the Bank’s products and services.
- Assist all markets in development of more complex commercial relationships than are typical within each market; creates target lists of these type prospects and leads the development of the Team Members in the local markets.
- Manage and grow a personal portfolio of larger accounts domiciled outside our primary geography.
- Work closely with the Chief Credit Officer to concentrate efforts on the most desirable credit risks for our portfolio.
- Periodically attend local loan meetings to bring new relationship development ideas to the team members in each market.
- Develop Team Member strengths so that each one coached can show meaningful improvement in credit sales skills annually.
- Cross sells the Bank’s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank’s image and develop additional business.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations; adheres to Bank
- Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from a 4-year college or university and 10+ years job related experience and/or training; or 15+ years job only related experience; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist primarily of a credit or lending background.
- Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with the ability to provide leadership, supervision, and training for one or more employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- High level of experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Intermediate knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, Bank policies and procedures, and the Bank’s products and services.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; MS Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook; and specialty software programs.
- Ability to work with little/no supervision while performing duties.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to:
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.