Title: Marking Director
Supervises: Digital Marketing Manager, Marketing Manager, Graphic Design Lead, Marketing Coordinators, and Interns
Job Classification: Salaried/ Exempt
Responsible for managing the emerging and traditional marketing functions of a $2Bn+ Bank based in Knoxville, TN, with national consumer lending platforms. The Marketing Director manages and assists in developing and executing the marketing strategy in alignment with the strategic plan of the Bank. The Marketing Director is also responsible for developing and managing digital marketing, SEO, traditional advertising, public relations, media management, product development, and data analysis. The Director will be responsible for promoting, enhancing, and bringing to life the Bank’s brand(s) throughout its markets, both in the region it serves of East Tennessee and nationally, for its consumer lending businesses. The Director is responsible for ensuring that the company is client-centric in the design, development and delivery of its products and services to both consumer and business markets. This is a senior level management position reporting to the Chairman of SouthEast Bank.
Strategic Planning – Participate/lead discussion of strategic marketing from the customer’s point of view. Must be well versed on the current trends in marketing and must be able to formulate future plans and ideas to assure the company is competitive and continuing growth. Ability to think strategically and articulate and support a position is important. Strong communication skills are required.
Management – Plans, manages, and oversees the day-to-day marketing functions of the company. The management function includes clarifying expectations, providing feedback and support, and assuring the marketing team is performs at a high level aligned with delivering on the strategic plan.
Customer Experience and Digital Marketing – Responsible for the creative content for the Bank’s digital marketing strategy and overall management of the company’s digital marketing platforms. This includes all interactions with clients including) internet, mobile, and all other electronic communication forms, ii) in-person meetings and calls, iii) events and promotions, and iv) all digital and social media forms. Close and ongoing collaboration with Bank senior management.
Market and Data Analysis – The marketing department provides all supporting data to manage various products and lines of business. This includes the traditional collection of market data as well as the use of “Big Data” to understand the purchasing behavior of current and prospective customers. Responsible for the overall effectiveness of our marketing efforts, ongoing analysis of market data and understanding the current position of the company.
Media Management – Works with external advertising firms to produces digital content, media, communications, and PR efforts. Reviews and approves the creative platform as well as all media buying required to achieve the company’s objectives.
Brand Management – Enhances the SouthEast Bank national consumer lending platforms such as ELFI and other brands, which includes strategic direction, marketing plans, promotions, advertising, sponsorships, design, employee communication, board presentations, officer meetings and events. Overall objectives of brand management are to differentiate our brands and connect to our customers. In addition to having national consumer lending businesses, SouthEast Bank is a community bank where we are deeply involved in the communities we serve. Community outreach, special events, and sponsorships, are important to the company’s engagement and are coordinated by the marketing department.
Product and Business Development – Actively partners with heads of product and business development. Provides design and promotional ideas for new product development and roll-out. Assists with business development in building presentations and other relevant media to attract and nurture new business relationships for the company. Leads customer satisfaction programs tied to these efforts.
Responsible for understanding and being in compliance with all rules and regulations impacting products and services offered by the company, its divisions, and subdivisions to the public. Ensures compliance with all Bank policies and procedures, as well as all applicable state and federal laws and regulations that apply.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND TRAINING:
- Experience in managing and supervising a department for a minimum of 5 years. Requires hands-on management style.
- Possesses strong leadership skills, including the ability to build trust, set direction, motivate others, interact with senior management and colleagues, and drive results.
- Excellent marketing capabilities and ability to connect marketing with the entire organization.
- Requires system-wide thinking and an integrated service-delivery function.
- Demonstrates superior communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with employees and community leaders at all levels.
- Ability to think strategically as it relates to the role and development of the Marketing function.
- Strong curiosity, customer/client focus, data capture and analytical capability required.
- Requires strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or relevant major. Master’s degree preferred.
- Seven (7) years or more experience in marketing or related field.
- Minimum five (5) years of digital marketing experience.
- Experience in banking, finance and/or consumer lending industries a plus but not required.
- Experience managing and supervising a department for a minimum of 5 years.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to all state and federal regulations that pertain to this position including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Consumer Privacy and Fair Lending.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act,
- Consumer Privacy and Fair Lending along with industry best practices that pertain to this position.
Link to apply: