PEOPLES BANK OF EAST TENNESSEE
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: Commercial Lender
REPORTS TO: Bank President
This description is intended to indicate the essential responsibilities of the position. It is not intended to be all-inclusive nor does this limit management’s
right and responsibility to determine work assignments, reassignments, priorities, etc.
The Commercial Lender’s position originates, manages, and oversees a portfolio of commercial loans with the overall objective of maintaining and increasing its asset quality; to develop new and existing business
relationships. The ideal candidate would have an existing book of business in commercial lending.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Actively seeks opportunities to originate new loan business with new and existing customers through outside calling efforts and/or referrals.
- Evaluates customer needs to recommend the best commercial loan product.
- Completes loan applications, proposals, and offers for new borrowers and follows up with pending applicants.
- Analyzes and recommends based on a customer’s total financial situation.
- Assists potential borrowers by explaining the loan process, answering questions regarding loan products and loan processing.
- Takes ownership of customer concerns and works with management to formulate and execute strategies for potential problem loans.
- Closes loans, assembles loan folders, and breaks down files as well as other miscellaneous tasks.
- Applies analytical skills to resolve any customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- Provides excellent customer care through daily transactions, customer inquiries and problem resolution.
- Effectively builds trust with customers and internal staff by embodying and demonstrating the philosophy of the organization, including core values, company policies, operational procedures and compliance.
- Day-to-day processes will require strong multi-tasking and sound decision-making skills
- Actively participates in local Civic and Charitable events. Also participates with local Chamber of Commerce and/or Economic Development Board.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other tasks requested by supervisor as they relate to the Bank and its functions.
- Education – Four (4) years of college experience or equivalent lending experience.
- Experience – Minimum of five (5) years of banking or equivalent combination of education and/or related experience.
- Existing loan portfolio and client relationships in the Athens/McMinn County Area.
- Experience in loan underwriting.
COMPUTER SKILLS/EQUIPMENT USED:
- General office equipment: computer, printer, fax, copier, scanner, calculator, etc.
- Computer knowledge in a Windows environment.
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Ability to work on a variety of business, regulatory, and financial issues within pressure and time-
- Effective time management skills, efficiency and ability to multi-task.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with employees and other contacts.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently; exercise sound judgment; act objectively, yet create a sense of
partnership with affiliate personnel; work collaboratively.
- Basic personal computing skills with strong knowledge of the Microsoft suite of applications
(Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to apply visual, comprehension, effective listening, problem solving, prioritizing, and
organizational and customer/employee relations skills in the performance of all essential job functions.
- Ability to use general office equipment such as computer, phone, fax, copier, calculator, etc., with or
without reasonable accommodation.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak, hear, stand and use hands to grasp. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, climb or balance.
- May be required to lift, carry or move and position items weighing up to 25 lbs. as necessary.
- Requires daily work on a computer for 6 hours or more viewing the screen and data input.
- Ability to move about the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasked environment.
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.