TITLE: Compliance Specialist
DEPARTMENT: Risk Management/Compliance
The Compliance Specialist supports SouthEast Bank’s focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture. Team members are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable SouthEast Bank policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the Bank’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
The Compliance Specialist is a key member of the Risk Management/Compliance team that ensures SouthEast Bank adheres to all state and federal legal and regulatory compliance requirements. This position will also assist in developing, implementing, monitoring, and training to ensure that the employees, products and services, and processes used at the bank are effective in order to adhere to compliance requirements by state and federal regulations for financial institutions. The Compliance Specialist provides assistance to management in order to maintain a quality, compliant culture.
- Maintain a sound understanding all consumer compliance regulations. Communicate with Chief Compliance Officer and other members of the Compliance team regarding regulation, policies, and procedures.
- Assist with the development and implementation of a Compliance Management Program as required for the Bank to operate in accordance with FDIC acceptable standards
- Serve as an internal frontline resource on relevant laws and regulations, keeping abreast of changes that may affect operational compliance issues through personal initiative, seminars, training programs, and peer contact
- Work in conjunction with other members of the Risk Management/Compliance team to provide guidance and foster open line of communication to management so that managers and the Board are aware of their responsibility for ensuring compliance for their areas
- Coordinates and gathers information for quarterly compliance reviews, loan reviews and the internal monitoring program; generates written reports; and collaborates with management to develop and implement plans to resolve identified weaknesses
- Ensure that Bank policies are accurate, current and in compliance with federal and state regulations. Review policies to advise updates to them as laws change.
- Take appropriate action on opportunities that would improve the effectiveness and/or efficiency of the Compliance Management Program
- Assists management to ensure that new programs, products, and services meet with applicable regulations
- Receive direction from leaders and exercise independent judgment while developing the knowledge to understand function, policies, procedures, and compliance requirements
- Monitors guidance and bulletins issued by government regulatory agencies and industry groups for emerging changes and risks while identifying the impact to the Bank
- Review and revise the Bank’s forms and disclosures for compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Work with compliance vendors regarding the design and implementation of new forms, disclosures, etc.
- Diligently protect confidential information, and assist the Bank in ensuring that all confidential and sensitive information is handled appropriately
- All Team Members should provide consistently positive, effective, helpful service to all customers, both internal and external.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities
- There may be additional responsibilities as defined by Senior Management or the BOD
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND TRAINING:
- Proven organizational abilities and communication skills that will be utilized to promote the Compliance Management Program and further its effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to function as part of a highly collaborative team
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as procedure manuals, general business correspondence and/or journals or government regulations, and to disseminate information
- Ability to communicate in person, in writing, and on the computer. Bilingual in English and Spanish, desirable
- Ability to think, remember, learn new information, and apply cognitive data to job functions
- This position is eligible for a hybrid (combination of in-office and remote work) work schedule while residing within the SouthEast Bank footprint
- Standing, walking, bending and stooping required
- Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time and use a computer
- Must be able to occasionally move or lift up to 10 pounds
- Minimum three years’ experience in equivalent compliance position including monitoring, transaction review and identifying weaknesses in controls
- Designation as Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) or eligibility to obtain the certificate within 2 years
- Sound understanding of federal banking regulations including but not limited to HMDA, Flood, TILA, TRID, RESPA, SAFE Act, TISA, FCRA, EFT, Funds Availability and UDAAP
- Good balance between regulatory, practical knowledge, and experience to advise others
To apply for this position, cut and paste the link below or visit the SouthEast Bank website, Careers