Southern Bank of Tennessee
Job Title: Deposit Operations Specialist
Responsible for daily electronic banking, deposit operations and associated accounting functions in accordance with Bank policies, operating procedures, audit requirements and federal regulations while adhering to deadlines.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two years bank operations experience
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Experience in online banking products, ATM/Debit card products, remote deposit capture and ACH processing.
- Basic accounting skills and proficiency in Windows and Excel Qualifications desired.
- Experience as a customer service representative, teller or with fraud detection area
Essential functions and responsibilities.
- Assist with consumer and business online banking access i.e., new user set up, password resets, monthly service charges and multifactor authentication.
- Assist online customers with bill payment inquiries, ACH and wire originations, Web connect functionality, stop payment requests, etc.
- Monitor the daily incoming ACH return reports and notify customers as required.
- Process manual ACH returns as needed due to stop payments/unauthorized entries, etc.
- Update log with daily ACH and Remote Capture totals.
- Assist with the daily functions of the ATM/Debit Card program i.e., card issuance, hot carding, researching and resolving customer inquiries.
- Assist with researching and resolving debit card fraud reported by customers, other fraud cases and credit card alerts.
- Assist with researching and resolving Reg. E EFT errors i.e., completion of affidavits or statement of errors, provisional transactional credit, customer notices, case submission and management, maintenance of Reg. E log.
- Research and resolve deposit account customer inquiries, encoding errors, photocopies, etc.
- Assist with daily processing of large dollar signature verification using signature verification software to identify instances of fraud, contact branch personnel as needed and timely notification to the Deposit Operations Supervisor of items to be returned.
- Submit adjustment cases to Fed for encoding errors, duplicate check processing and cash letter differences.
- Assist with new Remote Capture product set up i.e., company set up, administrator authorization, password generation and service charges.
- Process outgoing online banking wires including obtaining customer callback verification from branch.
- Verify and submit checks deposited via Mobile Capture for completeness of items i.e., stale date, check signed, endorsement, etc.
- Prepare daily journal entries as needed for collection items and back-up/IRA withholding.
- Assist with preparing daily/monthly general ledger reconciliations i.e., currency orders, adjustments.
- Provide back-up processing daily branch payment decisions, print and mail overdraft notices to customers.
- Provide back-up in the daily balancing of Branch Capture.
- Provide back-up as needed in the preparation /processing of daily accounting entries for Fed transactions, in clearing, cash letter(s) and ACH settlements.
- Provide back-up in balancing daily settlement of ATM/Debit card transactions, prepare accounting entries, research, and resolve differences and reconcile ATM suspense accounts.
- Provide back-up in the review of daily incoming files i.e., in clearing ACH files and correcting rejects, OFAC and processing IAT transactions, etc.
- Provide back-up processing return deposited items i.e., large dollar notifications, holds, account entries, notice mailing, etc.
- Assist with record retention requirements of Deposit Operations Department.
- Assist with keeping all department procedures related to electronic banking updated and current.
- Complete all training by assigned deadlines.
- Inform management of potential losses and or issues due to errors or fraud.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to meet multiple departmental deadlines.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the environment is usually minimal.
Qualified candidates may send their resumes to HR@SouthernBankofTN.com.