JOB TITLE: Director -Affordable Multi-Family Housing
REPORTS TO: SVP Lending
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
This position supports Pathway Lending’s goals, values, and philosophy by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence, quality service, commitment, and accountability.
Working under the policy direction of Pathway Lending and under the general supervision of SVP Lending, this position supports market development and relationship development for affordable multi-family housing lending throughout its statewide target market area. The Director is responsible for maintaining and developing relationships with ; developers: local, state, regional and national funders; ecosystem partners and other entities that support the mission of Pathway Lending and the goals of affordable multi-family housing lending. This position supports and advances Pathway Lending’s mission to “provide lending solutions and education services that support the development, growth and preservation of small business, affordable housing and sustainable communities.”
SUPERVISORY RESONSIBILITIES: N/A
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works in conjunction with the President and CEO and the SVP Lending, and other representatives of Pathway Lending to develop and implement a strong affordable multi-family housing lending program that meets identified affordable housing financing needs throughout the target market.
- Directs and oversees the overall operations of the Affordable Multi-Family Housing lending program including prospecting, underwriting, funding, and identifying potential development opportunities and prioritizing them with the goals of the Pathway Lending’s financing program.
- Gather the necessary documentation required to comply with local, state, and federal affordable housing lending programs.
- Manage developer, financial institution, government, community, and foundation partner relationships and expectations by participating in the coordination of the financing process, including but not limited to, marketing, community outreach, partner development, attending closings, providing customer service, and open communication for the duration of the loan.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various lenders, developers, affordable housing associations and government offices/agencies to promote the Pathway Lending Affordable Multi-Family Housing lending program.
- Collaborate with Pathway Lending’s other programs and services, including the Memphis Medical District Investment Fund, Small Business Lending program, , and Energy Efficiency Financing Program, and educational services
- Responsible for the procedures that cover the administrative process required for reporting to funders to ensure compliance with terms and conditions set forth in grants, borrowing agreements, and other partnership agreements. This includes routine reporting requirements, funder updates, and individual project impact data reporting
- Represents the organization at community and business functions/groups to provide a positive image for Pathway Lending and its affordable multi-family housing lending program.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Ability to work with various clients, partners, stakeholders and team members to anticipate, analyze and quantify affordable housing needs and identify sound opportunities throughout the statewide target market. Ability to identify, evaluate and recommend funding resources to support Pathway Lending’s affordable housing initiatives. Knowledge of mortgage and commercial loan documentation, strong analytical skills to perform credit analysis of proposed affordable housing projects and generate appropriate credit memorandums to sufficiently support the proposal. Utilization of Salesforce and Client Management tools, other online platforms necessary for loan application intake, underwriting and origination. Attention to detail and accuracy, excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills, ability to interact with all levels of the organization, ability to meet or exceed business goals and objectives, while fostering a team atmosphere. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree is required. Six years of extensive experience in specific job related activities associated with multi-family housing deal sourcing, deal analysis, deal underwriting and other job-related activities with proven results is required. Demonstrated leadership of a transformational initiative or project with measurable impact and ability to work in diverse communities. Must have experience in affordable housing programs and be able to resolve and work through complex customer issues and the ability to perform in a fast paced, high demand environment while balancing multiple priorities.
Ability to communicate in English, remain in a stationary position 75% of workday, move, cognitive of job responsibilities; ability to travel regularly is required; and ability to adapt to a changing work environment. Aligns with Pathway Lending’s mission of providing clients and stakeholders with the highest level of service to facilitate their success and the economic growth of Pathway’s CDFI market.
Salary: $107,120 per year
Qualified candidates may send resumes to: Admin@pathwaylending.org.