Decatur County Bank
Compliance and BSA Assistant
Position Summary: Conducts and supports compliance, BSA and other risk management activities at the direction of management. Monitor account transactions; prepare Suspicious Activity Reports as needed; prepare and review Currency Transaction Reports. This position reports to the BSA and Compliance Officer and has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Prepare reports, exhibits, and other supporting schedules that detail an institution’s compliance with Bank Secrecy laws and regulations.
- Talking to others to convey information effectively and communicating with Employees, Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates.
- Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Time management skills to aid in organizing, planning, and prioritizing work.
Desktop Computer Skills
- Databases – Using a computer application to manage large amounts of information, including creating and editing simple databases, inputting data, retrieving specific records, and creating reports to communicate the information.
- Research – Navigating the Internet to find information, including the ability to open and configure standard browsers; use searches, hypertext references, and transfer protocols; and reference regulatory compliance resources.
- Spreadsheets – Using a computer application to enter, manipulate, and format text and numerical data; insert, delete, and manipulate cells, rows, and columns; and create and save worksheets, charts, and graphs.
- Word Processing – Using a computer application to type text, insert pictures, format, edit, print, save, and retrieve word processing documents.
- Electronic mail software: Microsoft Outlook
Detailed Work Activities
- Monitor large cash transaction activity and file Currency Transaction Reports as necessary.
- Monitor customer account activity and file Suspicious Activity Reports as necessary.
- Ensure the bank’s compliance with Sales of Monetary Instruments requirements.
- Monitor for compliance with the Customer Identification Policy.
- Adhere to USA Patriot Act provisions for information sharing.
- Work suspicious activity and fraud alerts generated in bank’s automated BSA monitoring software.
- Preparation of files and supporting documentation for audits and exams.
- Monitor the bank’s compliance with Regulation CC and the proper placement of deposit holds.
- Loan monitoring and loan exception tracking (MLA, FCRA, TRID, ECOA, etc.).
- Proper processing of garnishment orders.
- Review advertisements and marketing images, etc. for compliance.
- A high school diploma or GED is required
- Minimum 5 years of banking experience
- Bank Secrecy Act compliance experience is preferred
- Consumer Compliance experience is preferred
- Ability to satisfactorily perform essential functions and physical demands of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Full time salaried employment with medical, dental and vision insurance benefits paid 100% by Decatur County Bank
- Group Term Life and Disability Insurance paid 100% by Decatur County Bank
- Matched 401k contributions (up to 5% of salary)
- Flexible work schedule with possibility to work from home part time
Qualified candidates can submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.