Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Knoxville, TN
The Senior Internal Auditor is responsible for performing internal control and compliance audits and FDICIA testing. This includes performing procedures, and preparing reports that reflect the results of the work performed, which will include financial, compliance and operational audits. Additionally, the Senior Internal Auditor will perform follow-up on the status of FDICIA controls.
- Perform financial, operational, compliance, and special audits on the Bank’s business activities to identify risks and controls that may have an impact on the integrity of the control environment, integrity of financial information, or achievement of business.
- Prepare timely written audit reports that are accurate, objective, and constructive.
- Identify root causes and develop recommendations for improvement to existing systems and functions.
- Assist in performing risk assessments and annual strategic planning of audits.
- Perform follow-up activities to assess remediation of identified issues.
- Maintain the confidentiality of information as required by law and by Bank policy.
- Maintain professional certification(s) and continue to develop and expand knowledge of the audit profession, banking regulations, and bank products and services
- through self-study, research, and continuing education efforts.
- Perform other duties & responsibilities as required or assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in internal auditing role.
- CIA, CRMA, or similar professional certification preferred.
Abilities and Skills:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), internal control concepts and internal auditing standards, COSO, risk assessment practices and common audit procedures and techniques. Understanding of internal controls over financial reporting.
- Familiar with consumer compliance and banking laws and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Excel, Office, PowerPoint, Word, etc.).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and complete assignment within deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Salary – Negotiable; commensurate with experience.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.