Southern Bank of Tennessee
Job Title: Bank Teller
The Bank Teller will complete deposits, withdrawals, and other financial interactions while providing excellent customer service to all customers.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience working directly with the public is preferred.
Responsibilities and Experience:
- Cashes checks and disburses funds after verifying signatures and sufficiency of funds to support withdrawals.
- Accepts deposits, confirming accuracy of transaction.
- Prepares, verifies, and issues cashier checks.
- Enters transactions in banks recordkeeping system, recording all transactions and producing customer receipts.
- Evaluates checks to verify endorsements, dates, identification of persons receiving payments, bank names, and overall legality of the documents.
- Identifies and capitalizes on opportunities to promote new banking services.
- Calculates daily transactions using appropriate technology.
- Balances all monies in cash drawers at the end of shifts.
- Accepts and counts inventories of cash each day.
- Maintains a work area that ensures the safety of all negotiables and confidential records.
- Prepares monies for deposit or shipment to branch banks or the Federal Reserve Bank.
- Orders a cash supply to meet daily needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Complete all training by assigned deadlines.
- Inform management of potential losses and or issues due to errors or fraud.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Excellent math skills, including money handling skills.
- Trustworthiness and the ability to act with integrity.
- Thorough understanding of customer service.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions in accordance with applicable legal requirements. Physical demands: While performing duties of job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Employees must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close, distance, color, and peripheral vision; depth perception; and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: The noise level in the environment is usually minimal.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to HR@Southernbankoftn.com.