- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Relevant work experience in community bank and/or public accounting
- Requires broad knowledge of accounting principles and practices within the financial services industry including a strong technical knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Bank regulatory reporting experience required
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft applications, primarily Excel
- Must have strong quantitative and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience researching and documenting the accounting treatment of issues
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and strategic-thinking skills with a forward-looking focus
- Reviews income and expense general ledger entries for appropriateness and assures all monthly entries have been made, accrued or prepaid for the month before month end close
- Prepares daily/weekly/monthly general ledger reconciliations
- Timely preparation of required regulatory reporting
- Performing a variety of accounting and financial control functions in conformance with established bank strategies, policies, and procedures
- Responsible for monthly financial report analysis, month-end, and year-end close
- Assist with CECL, ALM and Liquidity Reporting, and Holding Company accounting
- Creating or modifying internal controls and related policies/procedures and quarterly testing of the operating effectiveness of the department’s key internal controls
- Ensure the accurate and timely preparation and review of financial statements and Board reports in accordance with GAAP; includes review of underlying support for completeness and accuracy
- Lead the monthly financial close including timely recording of journal entries, reconciliations, and preparation of financial statements for the Bank and all related entities
- Maintain cash management of borrowings, pledging, and collateral, including federal reserve and FHLB accounts
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures including appropriate internal controls over financial reporting in accordance to FDICIA
- Monitoring financial activities and details such as reserve levels to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met
- Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
- Work with the CFO to maintain the integrity of the accounting system along with best practices.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to Davoua.Vang@apexbank.com.