HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR
The Human Resources Director is responsible for utilizing the understanding of all applicable employment laws, rules and regulations and applying them to administer the Bank’s Human Resources Program in order to achieve the Bank’s goals and objectives as approved by the Board of Director by providing advice and counsel related to the alignment of the Bank’s initiatives and strategies.
- Utilizes the understanding of all applicable employment laws, rules and regulations and applying them to administer the Bank’s Human Resources Program to achieve the Bank’s goals and objectives as approved by the Board of Director by providing advice and counsel related to the alignment of the Bank’s initiatives and strategies.
- Maintains increasing levels of human resources business literacy on an enterprise-wide basis and provides proactive and exemplary service and support to all Bank personnel; establishes and maintains business acumen while serving as the Bank’s executive-level human resources authority, contact, and advisor; responds to questions posed by management and employees; and addresses needs or concerns related to the employment experience.
- Develops trust and partners with all levels of Bank personnel while maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Educates Bank management regarding human resource management best practices, thereby providing an effective influence in order that appropriate decision making may be made.
- Assists Bank management by providing consultation in the planning, creation and implementation of organization design, performance management, employee relations, talent assessment, workforce/succession planning, staffing models, and unit restructures and/or reductions.
- Performs effective, thorough and objective investigations to manage and resolve complex employee relations issues, providing updates to applicable levels of management and the Bank’s legal department (as applicable), and requests assistance as needed in seeking and appropriate resolution.
- Minimizes the Bank’s legal risks by ensuring regulatory compliance though an advanced knowledge of applicable requirements related to human resources management and banking.
- Administers the Bank’s Human Resources Department and associated functions, including, but not limited to, new hire orientation and exit interviews, employee communications, benefits, training, maintaining employee files and records, employee counseling and supervisory assistance, employee payroll, benefits, etc.
- Ensures various administrative and internal activities or projects run smoothly and efficiently, and provides leadership, support, and training throughout the organization as required.
- Facilitates training and workshops regarding a variety of employment, effective communication, and other human resources-related topics.
- Manages the development, enhancement and support of human resources-related products, services and programs of a diverse nature.
- Assists in recruiting officers and employees using applicable recruitment and onboarding strategies as needed by maintaining an awareness of the Bank’s Affirmative Action Program and contributing to its success through best practices.
- Participates as chairperson of the Bank’s Human Resources Committee.
- Manages employee, public relations, and internal affairs of a diverse and/or sensitive nature under the direction of Senior Management, and ensures various administrative and internal activities, projects and communications run smoothly and efficiently.
- Assures audit compliance and procedure quality control through the development, implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures and other related infrastructure documentation; interviews personnel to obtain requested data or draft materials; recommends improvements and corrective actions to increase efficiency and improve productivity; and ensures compliance with state and federal laws, rules and regulations.
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or her own example along with appropriate follow through with members of management and employees.
- Prepares new hire documentation and insurance forms.
- Performs new employee orientation to review miscellaneous forms for employee signature.
- Processes employee time cards ensuring information is accurate and complete; assists in payroll preparation.
- Composes, prepares and issues correspondence such as internal memorandums and letters to employees.
- Gathers and calculates data and prepares a variety of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for management; ensures reports are accurate, complete and prepared on schedule.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality; tabulates and posts data in employee files and record books; and sets up and maintains a variety of central files and journals.
- Actively involved in instilling and maintaining a professional work environment within the Bank, and assists managers and supervisors in coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- Oversees the training of Bank staff on human resource activities, issues, and benefits.
- Studies management methods and makes recommendations to improve workflow, simplify reporting procedures, improve efficiency, and reduce costs.
- Responds to inquiries or refers inquiries to the appropriate department or person, and exhibits the necessary follow through with customers and/or staff involved.
- Provides supervision and support to all areas of the department where service or assistance is needed; oversees activities of assigned department personnel; and opens and closes the department.
- Monitors staff in daily tasks, operations and quality control, and ensures the organization of assigned areas of the department, coordinating available resources (e.g., staff, materials, etc.) for maximum results.
- Assists the Chief Operating Officer in implementing cost controls for the department and monitors expenses to ensure compliance with budget.
- Consistently applies superior decision making techniques pertaining to inquiries, approvals and requests as they apply to existing policies and procedures, keeping within assigned approval limits and using these instances as learning tools for employee development.
- Assumes responsibility for special projects, and gathers data and prepares reports for Senior Management, audits and other personnel.
- Plays a positive role in the development and growth of assigned department staff through excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, along with strong delegation skills assuring a highly cross-trained staff.
- Performs personnel actions including performance appraisals, disciplinary actions, and interviewing candidates for employment, and supervises the daily activities of the department including, but not limited to, effective delegation of assignments, developing work schedules, and providing necessary training.
- Processes, solves and answers complex customer transactions, problems or inquiries.
- Answers telephones, answers questions and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
- Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; and upholds organizational values; and accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) policy; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; and builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes, and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations, and adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities that are specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank’s goals and values; and benefits the Bank through outside activities.
- Performs the position safely, without endangering the health or safety to themselves or others and will be expected to report potentially unsafe conditions. The employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations and orders issued pursuant to the OSHA Act of 1970, which are applicable to one’s own actions and conduct.
The position of Human Resources Director performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
The position of Human Resources Director is responsible for the supervision of NUMBER or more employee(s), and normally carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Bank’s policies and applicable laws, ensuring adherence to EEO guidelines.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The incumbent is in a non-confined office type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will. The position includes driving a Bank or personal owned vehicle occasionally which includes exposure to the outside weather elements and moving mechanical parts. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, lifting (up to 25 pounds), driving, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, scanner and image systems, scanning equipment, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal communication, written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, training others, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA) or equivalent from a college or university; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a strong human resources or employee management background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or technical industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related. A professional accreditation and/or advanced education beyond a college degree is preferred, ideally in human resources management discipline, such as a Master’s degree or MBA, PHR, or SPHR.
- Experience in human resources with emphasis in employment laws, rules, and regulations, leading investigations, and resolution of complex employee relations issues.
- Extensive experience planning, influencing, and delivering complex human capital strategies and initiatives that are clearly tied to business objectives.
- Advanced credentials as an organizational thought leader with deep business acumen.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively communicate, empathize, and reason with Bank personnel in situations that are often sensitive and stressful.
- Ability to effectively communicate with people of diverse backgrounds and employment levels within and outside of the Bank, with the ability to engage in crucial conversations when delivery or receipt of message content is difficult and challenging.
- Proven experience in the use of human resources-related information systems and project management tools.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in progressively responsible bank management or supervisory activities.
- Mastered knowledge of human resources, labor laws, related state and federal laws, rules and regulations, and other Bank policies, procedures and processes.
- Excellent social skills to deal with officers and employees on matters of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Proven ability to effectively train and instruct others in a formal classroom or one-on-one environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, and technical procedures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to provide leadership, supervision and training employees using positive supervisory techniques to ensure maximum productivity; demonstrated ability in organization and delegation skills.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; host computer system; word processing, spreadsheet and specialty software programs.
- Intermediate typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Intermediate math skills; ability to calculate interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages; balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; and compute rate, ratio and percent, including the drafting and interpretation of bar graphs.
- Exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions and instruct others, train personnel, write reports, correspondence and procedures, speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Thorough understanding of management procedures; ability to plan department or Bank activities (setting objectives, developing strategies, budgeting, and developing policies and procedures); initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department or Bank activities; effectively staff (selecting, training and developing employees); directing employees towards the desired objectives (delegating, motivating, resolving problems); and controlling the function (developing performance standards, measuring results, taking corrective action and rewarding employees as appropriate).
- Ability to deal with complex problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
- Ability to work with no supervision while performing duties.
- Current driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.