Sr. Credit Analyst
Job Location: 412 Office – Knoxville, TN
Responsible for independently reviewing and assessing lending transactions as well as monitor (credit) risk of those transactions. Ensuring the risk profile of individual transactions and in aggregate remain within acceptable limits and align with the Bank’s strategy and satisfy regulatory expectations.
- Work with Lenders and assist them with credit underwriting for new/renewed loans.
- Review/approve credit applications up to Board-approved limits.
- Review of day-to-day credit issues, i.e., exception approval, and documentation questions.
- Identify problem loans; including making recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Evaluate and recommend policy changes based on compliance or loan review assessment of other pertinent facts.
- Periodically review past due, watchlist, technical exceptions, and other reports for assigned portfolio and work with lenders to effect correction for noted weaknesses.
- Recommend improvements to systems and processes utilized for loan credit analysis and quality assurance.
- When required, prepare analyses on large loans, complex and/or criticized loans.
- Prepare periodic studies of various portions of the loan portfolio including past due reports, concentrations of credit, stress testing, etc. for the benefit of executive officers or Bank Committees.
- Assist with periodic Board and Committee reports and Special projects as needed.
- Ensure adherence to all Bank policies and procedures, including the Bank’s BSA/AML policy and procedures
- Any and all other duties, assignments and projects as requested by management
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND TRAINING:
- Knowledge of computer technology including, but not limited to Word, Excel, Power Point, E-Mail, and internet navigation.
- Interpersonal skills to represent the Bank in a positive way in dealing with customers, employees, and executive management.
- In-depth knowledge of all loan products, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities and use time efficiently.
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner and analyze information skillfully.
- Must be able to speak clearly and persuasively in positive and negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills and participate in meetings.
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to perform well, accept feedback from others.
- Display a willingness to make decisions, exhibit sound and accurate judgment and make timely decisions.
- Sitting for long periods of time; approximately 8 hours a day with the ability to move around a little.
- Lift 10-20lbs periodically.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, or Economics, preferred.
- 5-7+ years of prior experience in Financial Analysis required.
- 5+ years of credit management or lending experience, preferred.
- 3-5 years knowledge with computer technology including, but not limited to Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Power Point, E-Mail, and internet navigation.
- Combination of education and experience, preferred.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and adhere to all state and federal regulations that pertain to this position including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act,
- Consumer Privacy and Fair Lending.
- Working knowledge of state and federal regulations including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act, Consumer Privacy and Fair Lending along with industry best practices that pertain to this position.
Qualified candidates may click here to apply.