Whether you are new or have less than five years’ experience in human resources, or you are a seasoned human resources professional who needs a refresher in employment law, this class is for you. Baker Donelson employment law attorney Kim Vance has prepared an interactive workshop designed to provide human resources professionals with a solid base for employment law compliance and reducing legal risks for your bank.
Employment law learning objectives include:
- Understanding which employment laws apply to your bank
- Knowing the difference between statutes, regulations, case law, common law, executive orders and governmental agency guidance
- Assessing an overall strategy for employment law compliance for your bank
- Learning how to apply the five keys to employment law compliance
- Investigating employee relations concerns that have legal implications
- Coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels to reduce legal risks
- Developing strategies to reduce legal risks
M. Kim Vance is a shareholder in the employment law practice group at Baker Donelson law firm.
8:30 a.m. Registration
9:00 a.m. Program Begins
1:00 p.m. Program resumes
4:00 p.m. Adjourn
Continuing Education Credit
Attendees qualify for 6.5 hours of Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credit in the area of Personnel/HR for each session. Include NASBA sponsor statement.
This program will also be submitted for CE credit from HRCI.