Chris Holmes, president and CEO of FirstBank in Nashville, was installed as chairman of the Tennessee Bankers Association on Wednesday, June 10. Holmes takes over for outgoing chairman Mott Ford, chairman and CEO of Commercial Bank & Trust Co. in Memphis. Ford will remain a member of the Association’s board of directors for the next three years to help ensure continuity of leadership.
Delegates from TBA-member institutions elect new executive officers and new board members each year, with members receiving one vote per charter.
Executive officers elected for 2020–2021 are:
- Chairman—Chris Holmes, president and CEO, FirstBank, Nashville
- Chairman-elect—Allen McClary, president and CEO, UBank, Jellico
- Vice Chairman—H. McCall Wilson, Jr, president and CEO, Bank of Fayette County, Piperton
In addition to the executive officers, TBA members elected one new director from each of the three grand divisions of the state. Directors serve three-year terms on the TBA board. New directors are:
- East Tennessee—Tyler Clinch, president and CEO, First Community Bank of East Tennessee, Rogersville
- Middle Tennessee—Gay Dempsey, CEO, Bank of Lincoln County, Fayetteville
- West Tennessee—David Prince, president and CEO, INSOUTH Bank, Brownsville
With the election of the new directors, three directors rotated off of the board. Completing their terms of service were:
- Brandon Hull, president and CEO, Greeneville Federal Bank, Greeneville
- DeVan Ard, president and CEO, Reliant Bank, Brentwood
- Andrea Browning, president and CEO, Centennial Bank, Trezevant
Continuing their terms on the board are:
- David Reynolds, CEO, president and director, Peoples Bank of the South, LaFollette
- Gene Henson, president, Memphis/North Mississippi Region, Trustmark National Bank, Memphis
- Ted H. Williams, president and CEO, TriStar Bank, Dickson
- Jim Rieniets, Jr., president and CEO, InsBank, Nashville
- Chris White, president and CEO, Peoples Bank of East Tennessee, Madisonville
- Mark Hayes, chairman and CEO, First National Bank of Pulaski, Pulaski
- Randy Huffstetler, CEO, Greenfield Banking Company, Greenfield
As TBA’s governing body, members of the board are always available for members to share questions, thoughts, or suggestions concerning the TBA and the banking industry.