Terry Eastwood, executive vice president of First Farmers and Commercial Bank in Pikeville, was announced as the newly elected chairman of the Independent Bankers Division of the Tennessee Bankers Association (TBA). The announcement took place at the TBA’s Community Banking Conference.
Eastwood succeeds Philip Calahan in the division's top position. As a past chairman, Calahan, who is president and CEO of Peoples Bank and Trust Company in Manchester, will continue to sit on the division's board of directors for three years.
Delegates to the Independent Bankers Division convention elected the following Tennessee bankers to serve as officers for 2020-2021:
- Chairman: Terry Eastwood, Executive Vice President, First Farmers and Commercial Bank, Pikeville
- Chairman-elect: Jay England, President and CEO, Decatur County Bank, Decaturville
- First Vice Chairman: Jim Robinson, President and CEO, Heritage Bank & Trust, Columbia
- Second Vice Chairman and Secretary/Treasurer: Adam Robertson, President, Commercial Bank, Harrogate
In addition to executive officers, each year convention delegates elect one director from each of the three Grand Divisions of Tennessee to replace three directors who rotate off the board.
New directors elected to the board during this convention were:
- East Tennessee Director: Mark Kline, President and CEO, The First National Bank of Oneida, Oneida
- Middle Tennessee Director: Todd Austin, President and CEO, Citizens Bank, Hartsville
- West Tennessee Director: Andy Collins, Chief Credit Officer, Security Bank and Trust Company, Paris
As chairman of the Independent Bankers Division, Calahan also will sit as an ex-officio member of the Tennessee Bankers Association board of directors for the duration of his term. The TBA board is responsible for establishing the overall goals, policies, and activities of the association.
The Independent Bankers Division of the Tennessee Bankers Association was organized in 1973 to represent the interests of Tennessee's community banks in areas such as legislation and education.